• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sending a Box / Bag from near London back to Sydney

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
Bit of a long shot here but hoping someone may know.

Before out next Camino we spend a week in the UK, for a reunion and a bit of sightseeing.
But we need to ditch our non Camino gear before heading to the Camino.
A small suitcase.
We won't need it again.
Don't want to drag it to Spain and mail to Ivar. (baggage charges etc)

I looked at luggage storage near London, but we may not depart from London post Camino.
Don't want to have to travel back just to pick up a bag.

I'd rather just send it home to Sydney from London.

Maybe someone has done this and can recommend a service.
Suppose I could try the Post office?
That looks like about $300....

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Why not live like Helen Mirren, the actress?

https://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/a263801/helen-mirren-never-packs-for-holiday/

Before you leave, buy your London clothes in a charity shop.
When you leave London, gift those clothes to a local charity shop there.
Save yourself a lot of hassle and money.

Buen Camino!

Great idea. Though I can see myself turning up at a formal reunion as the front half of a pantomime horse ! Or maybe Pat should be the front half. I'm not sure about the etiquette of these things. :oops:

1712405942927.png

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Great idea. Though I can see myself turning up at a formal reunion as the front half of a pantomime horse ! Or maybe Pat should be the front half. I'm not sure about the etiquette of these things. :oops:

View attachment 167424

Goodness, Robo. For a formal reunion hire a formal suit. Don't carry that stuff around the globe when you don't have to.

Goodness, Robo. For a formal reunion hire a formal suit. Don't carry that stuff around the globe when you don't have to.

Yeh, I know what you mean, but it's shoes, socks, shirt.........
And those hire places dress you up like you're going to a school prom :oops:
Probably even with a ready made bowtie!
Heavens :rolleyes:
Worth a look though....
Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I’d go on Reddit and put this question to the r/asklondon folks. They are a wealth of info

Try www. sendmybag.com
I don’t know how expensive they are as I haven’t used them for years but I will probably use them to send my hiking gear home after my Camino but staying to be a tourist.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yeh, I know what you mean, but it's shoes, socks, shirt.........
And those hire places dress you up like you're going to a school prom :oops:
Probably even with a ready made bowtie!
Heavens :rolleyes:
Worth a look though....
Thanks

I guess you might find a tweed suit and a bowler hat if you insist..... but why would you do that? Renting clothes in London is a great way to have fun, and often you can arrange it all from home with the help of Teams for instance.

If you always wanted to wear, say, an Armani suit or Hugo Boss Elite, now is the time to rent one, in a fine linen mix in shades of oyster or panama, with a silk T-shirt in moody blue, drizzle or medium royal blue, to enhance your eye colour. (Wild guess here.) As for the shoes and socks, ask their advice since you will be wearing hiking shoes and you wonder if these will go well with the Armani... 🤔 ... maybe not? Every stylist will be happy to advise and help you.

😇

I guess you might find a tweed suit and a bowler hat if you insist..... but why would you do that? Renting clothes in London is a great way to have fun, and often you can arrange it all from home with the help of Teams for instance.

If you always wanted to wear, say, an Armani suit or Hugo Boss Elite, now is the time to rent one, in a fine linen mix in shades of oyster or panama, with a silk T-shirt in moody blue, drizzle or medium royal blue, to enhance your eye colour. (Wild guess here.) As for the shoes and socks, ask their advice since you will be wearing hiking shoes and you wonder if these will go well with the Armani... 🤔 ... maybe not? Every stylist will be happy to advise and help you.

😇

Maybe being Irish, I'll just go 'traditional' ? ;)

swhdr-sr_swhdr_irishkilt_2_1.jpg

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back