• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flying out from Dublin 11th July

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Michael,

Just wondering what airport you are flying into, I would be very surprised if you did not have a few on the flight with you, there was a least 20 on the flight with me last month.

Dee.

Hi Dee, We are flying into Biarritz, and your right i think there will be a lot of Irish Pilgrims on the plane.
I was just wondering if there were any of them on this forum. We hope you enjoyed your Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I flew into Bilbao last May and at least 30 were Camino bound.
So I would imagine that figure will double on the Biarritz flight :)

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Michael & Cathy.
You are going to have a fantastic experience and I envy you so much. Enjoy every day as it comes and try not to look too far ahead. Please let me stowaway in your luggage !!! Walked for 30 days last September and would go back there in a heart beat!! So many memories and made some real solid friends who will never lose touch. Take lots of photographs like me. I had the winter to sort and re-live those happy days.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/48547055@N07/
How are you getting to St Jean from Biarritz airport??

Ger

Never thought I would say it but I really wish it was me. Finished the Frances mid May with destroyed feet but a few weeks later I seem to have forgotten all the pain & suffering!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Michael & Cathy.
You are going to have a fantastic experience and I envy you so much. Enjoy every day as it comes and try not to look too far ahead. Please let me stowaway in your luggage !!! Walked for 30 days last September and would go back there in a heart beat!! So many memories and made some real solid friends who will never lose touch. Take lots of photographs like me. I had the winter to sort and re-live those happy days.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/48547055@N07/
How are you getting to St Jean from Biarritz airport??

Ger

Hi Ger, Thanks for your encouraging post you must have had a great time, We are getting a taxi from Biarritz to St.Jean and will begin the walk the day after, we are getting excited now and hope we are fit enough :) we will take lots of photos and hopefully post them on our return, lol if we could stow you away in our luggage we would;)

Never thought I would say it but I really wish it was me. Finished the Frances mid May with destroyed feet but a few weeks later I seem to have forgotten all the pain & suffering!

It's like childbirth. You forget the pain until you do it again, and again... But always unique and wonderful. That's why we go back.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Hi Shivers,
how long were you out for, did you start in St Jean, I know that you say your feet were in bits but in general did you find it difficult ?

My husband and I will be leaving from Pamplona on the 16, so I am thinking our paths may cross. Pretty good chance. Buen Camino! We will be the jet lagged Canucks, me with my blue pack, him with his grey one. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My husband and I will be leaving from Pamplona on the 16, so I am thinking our paths may cross. Pretty good chance. Buen Camino! We will be the jet lagged Canucks, me with my blue pack, him with his grey one. Hope to see you there!

Hi to both of you, it really would be great if we met along the way, we certainly will look out for you and your blue and grey packs ;) if you see 2 irish folk me with black pack and hubby with red give us a shout :)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Yeah! We've made friends already! We'll keep our eyes pealed for an Irish couple with black and red packs!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have fun lads and your fellow pilgrims are fairly easy to spot in the airport departure lounge/gate they're the ones wearing boots, carrying packs oh and with big grins (perhaps one or two slightly nervous) slapped on their faces ;)
And with the weather fore cast for the next week it looks like you're going to get a chance to acclimatise to sunshine to enjoy!
N

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi guys, its difficult to explain. At the time all sorts of things seem hard but to be honest every evening you forget about it. I have a bad bunion which meant that I had to wear a fitflop on my right foot every day after the first 10k. I looked a bit ridculous but really didn't care! I did at least 400k this way. The two most difficult days for me were the first SJPP to Roncevaux and the descent to Molinaseca. The first because of the relentless up and the second for the relentless down. I was there for 30 days and walked from SJPP to Santiago. My only advice is learn Spanish, don't use compeed (only creates a new blister...) and find wax earplugs before you go. When I was there, some days I was dying for it to be over but I knew when I finished that I will be back again some day! I was so lucky as we only had 2 half days rain at the very beginning. The places I liked best were Castrojeriz, Hospital del Orbiego, Samos and a tiny place called Ligonde. I met the great John Brierley quite a bit (so much so that he owes me a beer!). Eventually I abandoned the Brierley stages and started doing 30/35 per day. The best time of the day was 6am until the first breakfast around 8. Although I dreaded the albergues before I went, they are intrinsic to the whole experience. I remember every bed I slept in and nearly every one I slept beside/below.

I hope you both have a great time and that the Camino is very kind to you. When you are enjoying your afternoon copa de vino blanco and pincho, think of all the peregrinos at home who wish they were there!

Buen Camino

Siobhan

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back