• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Following the heart

Peachy

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 July/ august
I realise it might be considered ..perhaps..a sort of sacrilege to step off the camino for a time,..but my heart pulled me to Leon, ..I never knew anything of it, just like i knew little of the camino itself a few months back.

my feet were so sore and blistered i was walking like a drunk zombie for 22 kms or so,.. a shuffling motion till i got to Sahagun,..and yet i was happy!

...just 12 hours before i had been feeling very disturbed, bored really as i had no one to talk to as i had to slow down and found myself in a group of young twenty somethings with no common language ..and i was feeling very reflective too

...I allways follow my intuition in life, so i decided i really better here also,..and as soon as i got on the train to leon,..my heart..it sang to me...allmost literally...( lucky man by the verve ),...my feet started dancing a little jig ,..i could feel my eyes shine as if i was a child. This excitement fizzed all around and inside my body, my soul was bursting.

When I got to Leon,..ohhhh...it felt so special to me somehow,.,the lions gracing the streets, the river,..I had randomly booked a room at an affordable hostel not knowing exactley where it was located till i arrived. They gave me room 303 on floor 3. My special number, and one that has followed me on this walk, ..and my lifes walk.

Then I saw it.

The Cathedral

the beauty.

and that was just the outside.

The Cathedral of Light they call it,..and i went in today...I have not seen such beauty in a building before,..I felt transcended...the light that shone through the most intricate designs, ..the colours...to call them jewel like would do them no true justice,..some shaped and laid out like mandalas .

I was transfixed ,.in awe ,.and allmost tearfull...joy..wonder...I work with mandalas at 'home' so this was why i felt so called ...to see this most beautiful structure of gorgeous colours and the space inside.

one could easily imagine falling to the knees and knowing 'god' there

so tommorrow I step back on the camino,..although in truth this was not off it,..this was destiny.

..I also found a book in english here, by Paulo Coelho,,,Aleph..I'm so happy and i wish to savour it..slowly...along the next part of my journey.

I ate a tub of strawberry icecream, ..i wandered the streets,..i let my feet heal and breathe...I allowed my personal insights to be processed.

I felt thankfull and blessed.

..although i feel concerned about something here at this place i'm staying. I hear an older woman yelling alot, viciously..at some young girls/ woman. since last night,..and on and off through the day,..i cant understand the language and i dont know the facts, but it seems as if they do the cleaning here. The tone is abusive and i dont say that lightly. Its not my place to enquire , but reading a past review of this place,.another guest also experienced this. I really cant do anything but send good energy it seems, and compassion.It's not pleasant to hear someone yelling consistently,..and i wonder if my compassion should be for the woman who feels so angry, more than the recipients. I know nothing but it's hard to ignore.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Peachy, how I love your honesty, you will be thankfull and be blessed irrespective what the traditionist may have planted in your mind. It is your Camino and if you wish to deviate so be it. It will give you a better insight of what is around you. Who is there to judge what is or what is not sacrilege? Grandpa Joe

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back