Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Free online courses about Medieval Spain

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Del Estrecho, Ruta Fray Leopoldo,
Vía Serrana, Camino Francés
(I'm not sure what forum this belongs in, so feel free to move it.) EdX and Coursera are offering three free online courses about medieval Spain this spring that might be of interest to those walking caminos. All the courses can be taken online at any time of day the fits your own personal schedule. I’ve taken one of the courses in this series before and found it very interesting. At the end of the course you have the experience of translating actual medieval documents.
http://www.decipheringsecrets.com

Unlocking the Manuscripts of Medieval Burgos
Explore the medieval city of Burgos (Spain) and assess its history of Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religious and cultural coexistence. Starts on February 14, 2017. Lasts 7 weeks. 2-3 hours work per week.

Toledo: The Medieval City of Christian, Jewish, and Islamic Knowledge
Explore the medieval city of Toledo (Spain) and assess its history of Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religious and cultural coexistence. Starts on May 9, 2017 Lasts 7 weeks. 2-3 hours work per week.

The Illuminated Manuscripts of Medieval Europe
In this seven-week course, students will explore the material creation, content, and historical context of illuminated medieval European manuscripts. Students will acquire an introductory knowledge of their distinguishing characteristics, their cataloguing and periodization (when they were created), the methods utilized to produce them, and their historical context and value. Starts Feb. 27.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Introibo

Camino Frances ( March 2015 )
Camino Portugues ( September 2015 )
Good spot.
I've used Coursera before but EdX is new to me. Signed up for the Medieval Burgos course

Camino Del Estrecho, Ruta Fray Leopoldo,
Vía Serrana, Camino Francés
I hope you'll enjoy it, Introibo. Professor Martínez-Dávila's enthusiasm about his subject makes the course all the more enjoyable. The paleography projects at the end of the course give you a feeling of being closely connected with the time period as you try to puzzle out the meaning of the medieval documents. For anyone walking through Burgos, it would add a wonderful layer of meaning to the day.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads