• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Rain in Cordoba

Antnix1

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Mozarabe
9/2 Córdoba city to Cerro Muriano
A day of rain.

First hurdle was a waterlogged path with over a foot of water. Trying to make a path through mounds of mud, i slipped backwards twice and sprained my thumb - and ended up having to walk through the water anyway.
Then a few streams, the second of which had fast-flowing water just a few inches below my hips. Worse, it created a little whirlpool of dirt and debris that filled my shoes

Quite a satisfying day overall!

My phone was stowed away and reaching for it was the last thing on my mind.
(I heard the previous stage was worse on this day because of sticky clay)

11/2, Villaharta to Alcaracejos
This one was like something from the crystal maze. The stepping stones were completely invisible under a foot of water, so i took the risk of feeling my way across with my hiking pole and risking a humiliating fall with my backpack, vs wading through. It paid off!

PXL_20240211_131509119.MP.jpg

13/2 Zujar river. I didn't cross it! The markers pointed to this route and i probably added 3 km to my day by backtracking and taking the road. Gronze also gives the road route on their route map.

PXL_20240213_132447023.MP.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
9/2 Córdoba city to Cerro Muriano
A day of rain.

First hurdle was a waterlogged path with over a foot of water. Trying to make a path through mounds of mud, i slipped backwards twice and sprained my thumb - and ended up having to walk through the water anyway.
Then a few streams, the second of which had fast-flowing water just a few inches below my hips. Worse, it created a little whirlpool of dirt and debris that filled my shoes

Quite a satisfying day overall!

My phone was stowed away and reaching for it was the last thing on my mind.
(I heard the previous stage was worse on this day because of sticky clay)

11/2, Villaharta to Alcaracejos
This one was like something from the crystal maze. The stepping stones were completely invisible under a foot of water, so i took the risk of feeling my way across with my hiking pole and risking a humiliating fall with my backpack, vs wading through. It paid off!

View attachment 164088

13/2 Zujar river. I didn't cross it! The markers pointed to this route and i probably added 3 km to my day by backtracking and taking the road. Gronze also gives the road route on their route map.

View attachment 164087
Last year when I walked from Granada in March, I also had wet, foggy conditions from Córdoba to Cerro Muriano. Nothing like what you experienced. My problem was that there was no room at the inn in Cerro Muriano and I had to double etapas and walk thru to Villaharta. The next day, I found Villaharta to Alcaracejos to be one of the most difficult stages that I've walked. I thought hot, dry, and steep was bad enough. No problems w flooding. Buen camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back