• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Finisterre

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I am currently in Finisterre on business, drove out here this morning from Santiago. I did not see a lot of pilgrims on the way out. Saw 4 or 5 bikers on their way out, did not see any walkers. I am assuming that the path is a bit away from the road (I drove via Negreira).

Out here the sun is shining, but a strong wind cool things down.

By the way, staying at a hotel that I can recomend. It is a few kilometers outside Finisterre (about 2km), and this may not make it ideal for pilgrims (becuasue there is not much going on by the hotel). But brand new and at a good price. 25 euro / night during low season(a bit more in high season) is a great price for what they offer. Have a look at the place here:
http://www.hotelplayalangosteira.com/

… and they have wifi! :)

Greetings from the end of the earth,
Ivar

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yepp, there is a group of Norwegian (investors and others) that are interested in investing/creating 3 small harbors on Costa da Morte (for sailboats traveling up/down the coast). As of now there is not much for such boats in Costa da Morte, the boats just pass by and they want them to stop and spend money (of course). So I am part of this project, trying to get this going.

Quite interesting to get Spaniards to understand the Norwegian way of doing things, and vice versa.... and then the language barrier...

I could write a book :)

...back home now, and I actually saw 10-15 pilgrims walking towards Finisterre just on the stretch between Cee and Finisterre this morning.

Un saludo,
Ivar

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back