• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Route from fuenterroble de salvatierra

Lynnhardy

Time of past OR future Camino
hello pilgrims, where do pilgrims go to from Fuenterroble de salvatierra ? As it’s 27.9 Km to San Pedro de Rozados and there appears on Gronze only expensive rooms? Then it would be 31.9 Km to Morille which only has a Muncipal of 24 beds and all the privates really expensive again? Thankyou for any help.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Do you use Gronze.com ?
Great resource. Btw Fuenterroble de Salvatierra has such a lovely albergue., with stacks of room.

From there you could take the variante to Morille / Gronze shows a stop before Morille to shorten the stage . I’m glad you’re not there now - reports of lots of water !!!!
Also on fb group ‘via de la plata pilgrim group ‘ - there is a lot of very current info on conditions. Lots of flooded trails on Vdlp , just north of Sevilla and around Galisteo and also Morille (those I’ve seen reported today ). I experienced the Galisteo and Grimaldo wet sections about 10 days ago.

Also noted on fb today was that the albergue in Morille / rate is 10€.
I think I also read that the albergue/s in Morille are very nice and newish ?

Buen camino
Enjoy your Mozárabe. It’s even wet there now and here in Madrid. I’m heading to
Valencia to warm up. 😂😂😂

Last edited by a moderator:
As it’s 27.9 Km to San Pedro de Rozados and there appears on Gronze only expensive rooms? Then it would be 31.9 Km to Morille which only has a Muncipal of 24 beds
I stayed in the Casa Rural in San Pedro de Rozados, which was reasonably priced.

You say that the albergue in Morille "only" has 24 beds. That should be plenty, unless you encounter an unusual group!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I stayed in the Casa Rural in San Pedro de Rozados, which was reasonably priced.

You say that the albergue in Morille "only" has 24 beds. That should be plenty, unless you encounter an unusual group!
Maybe I’m thinking higher numbers walking May …. But probably over thinking!

I will look again at casa rural in San Pedro…. It was Gronze that it said 54 euro +

hello pilgrims, where do pilgrims go to from Fuenterroble de salvatierra ? As it’s 27.9 Km to San Pedro de Rozados and there appears on Gronze only expensive rooms? Then it would be 31.9 Km to Morille which only has a Muncipal of 24 beds and all the privates really expensive again? Thankyou for any help.
24 beds should be more than enough. I walked in late April and never saw more than 5 in any location.

In Fuenterroble make sure you shower in the main building. The solar showers are very cold.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Do you use Gronze.com ?
Great resource. Btw Fuenterroble de Salvatierra has such a lovely albergue., with stacks of room.

From there you could take the variante to Morille / Gronze shows a stop before Morille to shorten the stage . I’m glad you’re not there now - reports of lots of water !!!!
Also on fb group ‘via de la plata pilgrim group ‘ - there is a lot of very current info on conditions. Lots of flooded trails on Vdlp , just north of Sevilla and around Galisteo and also Morille (those I’ve seen reported today ). I experienced the Galisteo and Grimaldo wet sections about 10 days ago.

Also noted on fb today was that the albergue in Morille / rate is 10€.
I think I also read that the albergue/s in Morille are very nice and newish ?

Buen camino
Enjoy your Mozárabe. It’s even wet there now and here in Madrid. I’m heading to
Valencia to warm up. 😂😂😂
I know there is a 10 bed Muncipal on the variant before morille …. Was thinking it’s a risk after a long walk…. But depends on busy or not…. In May. But if these stops have no albergue reasonable priced places then 10 or even 25 in morille isn’t that many beds.
I really hope the weather improves for everyone….. I’m sure May will be fine…. Not sure about mozarabe in april
But a week to go might be drier.

I know there is a 10 bed Muncipal on the variant before morille …. Was thinking it’s a risk after a long walk…. But depends on busy or not…. In May. But if these stops have no albergue reasonable priced places then 10 or even 25 in morille isn’t that many beds.
I really hope the weather improves for everyone….. I’m sure May will be fine…. Not sure about mozarabe in april
But a week to go might be drier.
And a big Thankyou for all your responses. Much appreciated .

Last year I walked via San Pedro.
Whilst the distance was at my upper limit, I wanted to walk over the Pico.
It's a great walk, but the last 10 kms or so is along a road.
The Albergue and Casa Rural in San Pedro are opposite each other with same owner.
(Though they don't seem to advertise the Albergue on their website. Maybe it has closed).
Be warned.
Whilst they say that breakfast is at 7:30 am, they may not turn up then........

That route splits Fuenteroble - Salamanca in two stages.

@Lynnhardy
You can also take the Northern opton and split it into three stages.
You could stop in Pedrosillo de los Aires for example and then Morille.
That would give you 18.1 + 11.5 +19.6
I had friends who took that route whilst I took the Southern option.

One of the joys of the VdlP is working out the Logistics.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The Albergue and Casa Rural in San Pedro are opposite each other with same owner.
(Though they don't seem to advertise the Albergue on their website. Maybe it has closed).
Be warned.

@Lynnhardy

Hi Thankyou…. I whatapped the casa
Be warned.

@Lynnhardy

Thankyou I WhatsApp the casa rural at San Pedro asking about albergue…. And they said yes and I could reserve so great….. all this planning is good…. Means I don’t venture out in cold to walk and train!!

My journal tells me I walked to Pedrosillo - 18.5 km. From my notes, it looks I turned off the main Camino - it’s well marked going off to the right - through some fields, with plenty of gates, and then up a hill to the little town. You go to the house with yellow door to get the key for the Albergue. It was very sweet - a donativo. There’s a good bar right near the Albergue that serves great food and a little shop in somebody’s house down a side street.

It is one of my most memorable nights because it was such a lovely and intimate experience being in that little town.

Last edited:
Did you contact the albergue in San Pedro? it's the same number as the Casa Rural. As far as I know it's open although it was pretty run-down last time I stayed there.

Also, Pedrosilla is a nice option.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Maybe I’m thinking higher numbers walking May …. But probably over thinking!
I stayed in Morille on May 12 ‘23 and there was plenty of room even with a couple of groups that had been spread out previously catching up to each other here.

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...
One reason for me choosing the VDLP is to avoid the constant stress of the bed race on the busier routes. Alas I haven’t escaped it. Literally every bed (that I’m able to contact) is full from...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Gronze has a note for the albergue in Valdesalor saying the key needs to be picked up from the town hall or the bar. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you are the first to arrive...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.