Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Fuenterroble to San Pedro de Rosados Stage

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
So I'm looking at Gronze, and this is a long stage for me.

Which route is best, lower or upper?
Has anyone walked in March/April?

Has anyone stayed in Pedrosillo?

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I walked in March, walked from Fuenterobles to Morille, long day but enjoyed it! BC SY

mahz

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo 2017
North 2016
French 2014
French 2012
For what I know, there is not much of a difference. The traditional route goes up a 'mountain' for a little while, with not wonderful windmills turbines at the top, but with a fantastic view.
Other than that, the stage is flat and beautiful with good weather.
San Pedro de Rozados is the place to stop, before Morille.
Enjoy

Canuck

Veteran wanderer
Camino(s) past & future
?
So I'm looking at Gronze, and this is a long stage for me.

Which route is best, lower or upper?
Has anyone walked in March/April?

Has anyone stayed in Pedrosillo?
As you have recommended before in other threads, pull a taxi stunt to Navarredonda de Salvatierra. The way goes by the village half a km away near Pico Duenas. You then have 18 km to San Pedro. Is that within your range?

Camino(s) past & future
(2015) Frances
(2018) Portuguese
(2019) VdP Seville to Salamanca
(2020) VdP Salamanca to Santiago
I walked that this year. In altitude there is not much of a difference, but if you check the map the “lower” route offers some towns where you can get something to eat or drink. I opted for the less traveled lower route and didn’t regret it.

Magwood

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
See signature line for links to daily posts to blogs from many caminos
We stayed in Pedrosillo a couple of years ago. I wouldn’t particularly recommend it. We took this option as we had already walked the standard stage on a previous camino and wanted to ring the changes. I wrote about it here.

DeansFamily

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 18/916/10/17 Muxia/Finisterre 18/10-22/10/17 Norte 21/4-29/5/18 Primitive 20/9-5/10/18 VdlP
Hi Annie, we walked this stage today. Father Blass’s donativo is a must to stay at. Everyone was lovely, the dinner was amazingly good and Father Blass is nothing like you would expect (in a good way). There is a tienda “peregrino 2” to buy lunch supplies for the next day as there is nothing till you reach Pedrosillo (the empanadas are really good). There is a flat section first with sections of the Roman road in good condition, a steady but not too demanding climb to the peak with amazing views all around, and then a road section with very little traffic past rich farmland. 31 km in all and worth it. We are again the only pilgrims at Elena’s alburgue. After a cold, windy walk it is warm, comfortable and the lady rang the local tienda so we could buy dinner supplies at 5 pm on a Sunday. Now happy, warm, well fed and looking forward to Salamanca tomorrow.

DeansFamily

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 18/916/10/17 Muxia/Finisterre 18/10-22/10/17 Norte 21/4-29/5/18 Primitive 20/9-5/10/18 VdlP
Sorry Annie, should have said San Pedro de Rozados that we stopped at, before Morille. The alternate route to Pedrosillo isn’t well marked as said in Gronze. It is further on than the map indicates and is just a local gravel road to the right before you go down a slight dip and then start ascending. We had this route as an option if the weather looked like closing in but luckily the weather held and we did the climb. It really wasn’t a difficult day, just long but not as long as some where you don’t have options. Elena’s alburgue at San de Rozados is good and the lady running it is very friendly and helpful.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock