• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Future travel possibilities from London ?

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Time of past OR future Camino
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
It seems that Spanish rail company Renfe is seeking to create a London / Paris rail link.

If successful, they would then extend that to other European destinations, which might then make travelling from London to the Camino a lot easier than at present.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It seems that Spanish rail company Renfe is seeking to create a London / Paris rail link.

If successful, they would then extend that to other European destinations, which might then make travelling from London to the Camino a lot easier than at present.
This made me wonder why I've never considered the Chunnel for London to Paris then train to SJPP.

This made me wonder why I've never considered the Chunnel for London to Paris then train to SJPP.
Probably the difference in cost! I have never understood why most rail routes in Europe are more expensive than the equivalent flight. Although I have taken the train from London to Clermont Ferrand (via an awkward change in Paris) to rejoin the Le Puy route at Aumont-Aubrac. (Worth it for crossing the Garabit viaduct alone.)

Probably the difference in cost! I have never understood why most rail routes in Europe are more expensive than the equivalent flight. Although I have taken the train from London to Clermont Ferrand (via an awkward change in Paris) to rejoin the Le Puy route at Aumont-Aubrac. (Worth it for crossing the Garabit viaduct alone.)

£82 one way, West Wales to SJPdP in 2009, via Eurostar.
By the time the train fare to an airport serving Bordeaux was factored in, this was not expensive.
It did take 24 hours, but was so much nicer than flying.

But then … I preferred a 3 day train journey from London to Athens, to travelling by air, in the 70s … several times. You can have many more adventures on a train than a plane 😉

And French train journeys can be amazingly cheap …

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

If RENFE would come and sort out the dismal rail service from the north-west of England to London, then I’d get excited. Small children still stop and point round here when they see a moving train.

Most read last week in this forum

I am flying into Madrid and will arrive early morning. My thought is to go directly to Toledo and stay two nights there in a hotel or hostel so that I will have the ability to sleep during the...
Hello, it's been about 7 years since my last Camino, and this will be the first time I have had to book trains within Spain. There seems to be a few different train booking sites. Booking from...
Hello everyone. My husband has been talking about walking this trail for over 35 years —- since he was 20 years old. But, life’s problems alway seem to get in the way, don’t they? He’s been...
Hi I was wondering if anyone was taking the Express Bouricott from Biarritz to SJPP on the afternoon of 27th May as I am looking to join a group booking if possible….many thanks 😊
Would I be able to bring a backpack (size 20 -25 L) into the cabin and hold on to it rather than being forced to put the backpack into the luggage compartment of the bus? I'm reading several...
Apologies for such a basic question, but can someone confirm the best way to get to Madrid airport from SDC by train. More specifically, can I book the entire route via Trainline? At first glance...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back