• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gerard's leaving Lisbon

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Funnily enough I was just trying to post my departure date on the calendar and followed Ivars instructions to the letter. Never intended to do a proper post!
PS (What happened to your thread "??? and Misdemeanors on Meseta" or something like that? I'm sorry I didn't bookmark it.)
Mayhem and Misbehaviour....On the Meseta.
It got pulled almost immediately due to a complaint about a phrase I used. And I got a warning for being naughty. That's ok. Gotta have boundaries pitched somewhere. I conversationed it to you.

Bom Caminho Gerard!
Thanks Mike, and William, C clearly, JMac56, wayfarer.

Bom Caminho to you Gerard!
:DPlease let us know how it went.
Will do! Thanks.

Bom Caminho Gerard, have a wonderful walk, I have driven this route a few time and it is beautiful as are both Lisbon and Porto, my favourite place is a little village called Oia, north of A Guarda, great restaurant just as you enter the village looking over the Atlantic and the old monastery. Raise a glass for us if you stop there.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Bom Caminho Gerard, have a wonderful walk, I have driven this route a few time and it is beautiful as are both Lisbon and Porto, my favourite place is a little village called Oia, north of A Guarda, great restaurant just as you enter the village looking over the Atlantic and the old monastery. Raise a glass for us if you stop there.
I will mate. Thanks for the tip. Lisbon looks like it will need 2 or three days.
Whatever, I've got plenty of time this year so will just saunter along, probly pop over to Fatima, and any anywhere else off Camino, like those big surf breaks, that takes my fancy.
Regards
Gerard

What a good reason for us to not be walking! Could you send me your Pulled Piece too please? Will keep me going until you start your Portuguese Ponderings.
(I too had a wee telling off once for poor choice of words - I share your sentiments)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Bom dia Gerard,
I spent a week in Lisboa after last year's Camino Francés. It is a wonderful place! (Just ignore all the drug pushers in the tourist areas.) I will definitely be back, maybe to start a Caminho from there?
Bom Caminho,
John.

When do you expect to be in Santiago?
Hey DP,
Towards the end of April. I'm in Europe til mid June at least, maybe later, so will just saunter along as the spirit moves me. No deadlines.
The only other thing I am positively doing is the route that Chaucer's pilgrims took over the South Downs, from Southwark Cathedral in London down to Canterbury Cathedral. Looks like 4 or 5 days. I'll just wander along stopping at country pubs. Just waiting on a new edition of the guide book to arrive. I have a niece in Brighton and she's invited me to stay after I complete that.
Regards
Gerard

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey DP,
Towards the end of April. I'm in Europe til mid June at least, maybe later, so will just saunter along as the spirit moves me. No deadlines.
The only other thing I am positively doing is the route that Chaucer's pilgrims took over the South Downs, from Southwark Cathedral in London down to Canterbury Cathedral. Looks like 4 or 5 days. I'll just wander along stopping at country pubs. Just waiting on a new edition of the guide book to arrive. I have a niece in Brighton and she's invited me to stay after I complete that.
Regards
Gerard

Thanks Gerard. I am planning to be in Santiago towards the end of April also. I'll try to PM you when I get close. Maybe we can meet for a beverage.

Hey Gerard,
Keep an eye out for an Irishman called Jack. I think he is heading out of Lisboa the same day as you. Cheers, John.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.