• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to SJPP from Dallas

TXwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
May (2019)
Has anyone flown directly from DFW airport to Pamplona and then taken bus to SJPP?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I don't think you can do a direct flight to Pamplona. However, one can fly into Madrid or Paris and take an inexpensive flight to Biarritz airport and then a short shuttle ride to SJPdP. It is less travel time than if going via Pamplona to SJPdP.

Two years ago good friend of mine flew from Dallas to Madrid to walk the Camino. She then took the bus to Pamplona and another bus to Saint Jean. She said it was quite easy and inexpensive.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There are no direct flights from DFW to Pamplona that I ever found...That said...Last year I flew from DFW to Madrid and caught the bus FROM the airport to where I was going. So easy! When I go later this year...my plan is the same flight - and train to Pamplona (as I need to go into Madrid BEFORE I hit the trail). If you are in Dallas...i'd be happy to meet up and answer any questions.

We flew on an AA/Iberia codeshare LAX-MAD-Pamplona. Very very easy and smooth. Should be easy to do from Dallas, isn't that the AA hub? Got into Pamplona too late for the bus to SJPdeP so took a cab. Well worth it. If I were to start near Pamplona again I would do the same thing. My traveling companion, who has traveled all over the world, believed in taking the same form of transportation as far as it will get you (as long as it is sensible) until she switches over to the next form. Don't ask me why but it worked for us!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My flight was from Minneapolis to DFW to Paris. Then I took the train to Bayonne and another to St. Jean.
One should definitely avoid traveling by rail in France this year.

As a Dallas Pilgrim, a AA Million Miler and an experienced International traveller, DFW-MAD and then the bus to Pamplona/SJPP is probably the easiest.

If though you have time and want to see a bit of the region, I flew from DFW to JFK and then to Lisbon. I spent a day exploring that city and flew to Bordeaux the next day. Train to Bayonne and the to SJPP. It sounds complicated but, it’s quite easy. I met several Pilgrims in Bayonne, great trip. TAP Portugal is a nice airline. Flew out of A Coruña back to JFK on my way home.

You’re on an adventure, be adventurous!

Flying into Madrid or Pamplona then bussing to SJPP is the best way to go in my opinion. I’ve gone through Paris. Longer and more chance of strikes. Fly into Madrid and bus to Pamplona or fly into Pamplona and give yourself a couple of days to adjust to the time change then hop a bus to SJPP. That way when you walk back through you can skip Pamplona and get out of the wave of pilgrims stopping there.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Use the website 'rome2rio' It will give you all options

Completely agree with RJM, until the rail issues in France are resolved, SNCF (French Rail) should be avoided if at all possible. Fly in to Madrid, Barcelona, Pamplona, San Sebastián, etc.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back