Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Best lightweight guides
Best lightweight guides for before and after your Camino, just 1.4 oz (40 grams)!

Gifting my Roncesvalles reservation on May 11?

Quinranda

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2016)
I have a prepaid reservation for Roncesvalles for 2 people on May 11, 2022. I have decided to walk to Burguette this time as my daughter is immuno-compomised and we've opted for private rooms. I'd like to gift my reservation to someone either on this forum or as I am walking. Does anyone know if I need to notify the albergue or if I can just pass on the reservation number? Also, if anyone is interested, please reach out and let me know.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

ELHS220

Past OR future Camino
Francés - 2015, 2017
Norte (Oviedo Costa) - 2018
Finisterre/Muxía - 2018
Norte - (2019)
That’s very nice of you. I am sure it will make someone very happy and, hopefully, they will have the opportunity to “pay it forward.” Buen Camino!

Terry and Isabel

Past OR future Camino
2007 2009 and trying to go in 2022 July
I just started reading this website and I joined. I plan to go in July for my third time. Are the hostels and private rooms hard to find now? I never made a reservation for rooms I just called ahead.

Quinranda

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2016)
I just started reading this website and I joined. I plan to go in July for my third time. Are the hostels and private rooms hard to find now? I never made a reservation for rooms I just called ahead.
From what I've read on this forum, beds have been hard to come by on the early stages in recent days. Someone posting live said there weren't enough beds in SJPP a few nights ago.

C clearly

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012. Hoping now for 2022.
I plan to go in July for my third time. Are the hostels and private rooms hard to find now?
It seems this is the case "now", but May and September are the busiest months of the year in the stages from SJPP. In July, the number of pilgrims starting there will be down considerably, but the Sarria-Santiago stretch will be very busy in July-August.

Camino Creative Credencial Workshop
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

jeanineonthecamino

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2021, 2022
Yes - right now SJPDP to Pamplona is problematic - but a lot can happen between now and June. For the Frances I feel more comfortable at least booking SJPDP to Zubiri and maybe Pamplona. This year I booked a couple extra nights to help me get off the stages (longer hiking days so I want to be sure to find a bed at the end of a long day.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads