• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Glad to be here!

robpeace

Hey there, friends...

I am a 25 year old male planning on beginning my Camino experience in May of this year. Not quite sure whether I'll go alone yet, however... I've heard unequivocally that alone is the better choice, but I'm bloody scared! Well, I guess that's what will make the road more rewarding at the end...the feeling of conquering my fears and taking risks head on. I plan to gain some necessary knowledge now that I'm a part of this site - thank you in advance for all and any help.

Take good care.

~robpeace

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi and welcome to the forum robpeace.

I am sure you will have the time of your life... thousands have done it before you, you can do it too!

I hope you find this forum helpful in your preparations. Welcome to Santiago!

Ivar

Robpeace,

I am leaving in a week, and I too am a little nervous. I have resigned to simply trust that I will be guided in the right direction as long as I am quiet and trust my inner voice.

Good luck to you!

samantha~

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hey Robpeace.

I will also go on my first Camino this may-june and I know the feeling :(

As it gets closer and closer to my leaving home, I wonder what I have getting myself into. But I also feel that I do not really have a choice. Since I read an article about the Camino Frances last summer, all of my thoughts have been in Santiago de Compostela. Bit by bit all of my problems (flights, hotels, maps and so on) have been solved somehowe and I strongly feel that when I finally take my first step on the Camino all of my problems will be vanished or at least diminished, just by beeing there (I hope !!)
And remember, you will not be alone. At least I will be there (I am the guy with the big backpack :) )
I am planing to start from Roncesvalles around 16 may, so perhaps we will meet on the Way.

Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.
Greetings to everyone, my name is Emre, I am actually from Turkey but I am currently doing an internship in Paris. I have had experience with routes such as the Lycian Way before, so I think I...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.