• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gordon Ramsey and Gino in Galicia & Santiago

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Just added the Mercado to my "things to see along the way" list! Thank you.
It's amazing! Three is a great wine bar outside the building with restaurants where you can enjoy a bottle of wine with oysters or cheeses from the vendors. The vendors will even shuck and plate your oysters or cheeses for you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I really enjoyed the whole episode - thanks for sharing it Ivar.

Having watched some of Gordon, Gino and Fred’s other European escapades, this one was up there with their usual cheeky lads’ behaviour and I had some laugh out loud moments. The good-natured mates ribbing of each other and the cheffy rivalry was fun to watch - light-hearted TV in beautiful locations in Galicia - not for everyone of course and that’s OK. Best part was Esther and her gorgeous winery.

Viva España and cheers from Oz -

Jenny

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Having watched some of Gordon, Gino and Fred’s other European escapades, this one was up there with their usual cheeky lads’ behaviour and I had some laugh out loud moments. The good-natured mates ribbing of each other and the cheffy rivalry was fun to watch - light-hearted TV in beautiful locations in Galicia - not for everyone of course and that’s OK. Best part was Esther and her gorgeous winery.

Jenny
I gotta say, I laughed too but then when I thought more about I thought they seemed like a bunch of frat boy idiots . Compare to Phil in the Netflix show. Somebody Feed Phil, who goes all over the world eating different foods, and there's no comparison. Phil is full of appreciation, enthusiasm, respect and a love for the people and place he is visiting. Gordon Ramsey just seems like an...ass

I gotta say, I laughed too but then when I thought more about I thought they seemed like a bunch of frat boy idiots . Compare to Phil in the Netflix show. Somebody Feed Phil, who goes all over the world eating different foods, and there's no comparison. Phil is full of appreciation, enthusiasm, respect and a love for the people and place he is visiting. Gordon Ramsey just seems like an...ass
Hi Mary - yep, the lads are pretty irreverent most of the time - guess it’s part of their “schtick” and it sure could be irritating to many people. Thanks so much for for the tip about Somebody Feed Phil which I’ll enjoy - love the foodie shows and I’ve found that watching these types of tv shows has really broadened the range of what I cook.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

He’s a ‘celeb’; normal rules don’t apply.
I'm really glad that I have no idea who these yahoos are. It seems I've missed nothing.

(I fail to understand fame - we don't seem to celebrate what's good, but rather shallow qualities like wealth and appearance. (Sorry - rant over.)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Jenny
Thanks Jenny. I hope I don’t sound like a pompous old bore- I’ve probably given the game away already- but I found their antics juvenile and disrespectful. These are 3 grown men acting like teenagers. OK. We can all see the cheese looks like a breast but there’s no need to fondle it and make kissing gestures in a public place. It’s just embarrassing. It’s lucky there wasn’t a Morcilla to hand or things could have degenerated further. Obviously we all love Spain and Galicia on here and others are free to love it in their own way. James Martin did a similar tour without the stupidity. Anyway I wish you well, nothing personal.

Queimada is not a " celtic drink". It was invented in Buenos Aires at the beginning of last century by Galician inmigrants. In most documentaries like this they always put Andalusian music that doesn't fit at all with the green Atlantic lanscape. In Spanish ones they usually put bagpipes or similar.

I'm really glad that I have no idea who these yahoos are. It seems I've missed nothing.

(I fail to understand fame - we don't seem to celebrate what's good, but rather shallow qualities like wealth and appearance. (Sorry - rant over.)
To be balanced, Gordon Ramsay is rated as one of the best chefs in the world so can be classed as "good". He has served his time and worked his way up as all good chefs do, the other two I will not comment on as that would be unfair.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...
I plan on arriving in SDC on July 23, and stay a day or two. How feasible is it that I will be able to get a seat for the 10:00 Mass on the Feast Day, the 25th? Am I better off attending a...
Hello, What time does the office close in Santiago today? The website lists different times in different places.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.