• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greetings from Germany

Kathy F.

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2013, CF from Lourdes 2015, CP Porto 2022
Hi, everyone. I'm an American living in Stuttgart,Germany. I've been planning to walk the Camino since a year ago November, 2011, when I first viewed "The Way." DH got me a pair of hiking poles for Christmas that year. Low and behold, we had a surprise move to Germany from Virginia! Now the Camino is much more easily within my grasp. I just turned 61 and plan to start around May 21, 2013. I've told my family and close friends, now as more people find out (family brags) about my pilgrimage, I am looking forward to it more and more. My most pressing issue right now is how to get from Germany to the start of the Camino Frances, SJDP. I don't object to walking a few extra kms, but need to keep money tight. Any thoughts? I speak some Spanish, no German. Looking forward to comparing notes with all!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi! I'm getting ready to start my first Camino at age 74 on March 20, but I'm starting from Leon. Like you, my family is being very supportive, especially my grandchildren; and as I train and prepare my gear I am getting more and more confident I can do this thing. I hope to be finished with my 300k by the end of April so we probably will not meet. Of course it may take me until the end of May. :) Spend some time on these forums. You will find a wealth of valuable info from those who've gone before and there are suggestions about travel from various points in Europe. I do wish you a wonderful Camino experience! Blessings. Linda

Hi!

It's a pity you're not a couple of weeks later when a twice weekly flight from Strasbourg to Biarritz starts with Voltea Airlines (a low cost Spanish carrier). It just operates June-September.

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sorry - duplicate post.

Sorry - duplicate post.

tyrrek said:
Hi!

It's a pity you're not a couple of weeks later when a twice weekly flight from Strasbourg to Biarritz starts with Voltea Airlines (a low cost Spanish carrier). It just operates June-September.

Buen Camino!

Thanks for the information on the flights from Strasbourg. I had no idea. I may change my schedule if that turns out to be the best way to get from here to there. I had wanted to leave in May because a.) the weather in Spain, and b.) wanted to spend my "**-th" anniversary with my husband before I took off for a month or two. But I'm flexible.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
molly382001 said:
Hi! I'm getting ready to start my first Camino at age 74 on March 20, but I'm starting from Leon. Like you, my family is being very supportive, especially my grandchildren; and as I train and prepare my gear I am getting more and more confident I can do this thing. I hope to be finished with my 300k by the end of April so we probably will not meet. Of course it may take me until the end of May. :) Spend some time on these forums. You will find a wealth of valuable info from those who've gone before and there are suggestions about travel from various points in Europe. I do wish you a wonderful Camino experience! Blessings. Linda

Linda, thanks for the words of support. I will want to know about your Camino when you return because I would be following in your footsteps a few weeks later. It would be nice to meet but, for obvious reasons, I hope we don't :wink:

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back