• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

"Grisettes" and the Cami Roumieu

Bogong

Time of past OR future Camino
First, March 2014
G'day,

We're having a new kitchen and in the general clean-up found a beautiful tin with the remains of a gift of Grisettes from Montpelier given to my my wife around 30 years ago.

At the time we overlooked the significance of the link with the Camino, and never imagined that I would one day walk it.

The information sheet, in 9 languages, reads:

" In the Middle Ages, around 1100, "Notre Dame des Tables" was the commercial centre of Montpelier. Already in those days the clever merchants, when doing business, used "Grisettes" (little honey marbles with liquorice) to round up the change for the numerous pilgrims for Santiago de Compostela on their pilgrims' path called "Cami Roumieu".

What is the route of the Cami Roumieu?

And the little Grisettes are still nice, even after all these years!

De Colores

Bogong

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Furthermore if you Google the term Cami Roumieu you will find many French references to the route of this old path.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Furthermore if you Google the term Cami Roumieu you will find many French references to the route of this old path.
Thanks for the tips.

On a hunch, I googled in "Camin Roumieu" and picked up a reference in English(" The Ground beneath my Feet") . It claims the words mean "Route of Pilgrimage" and implies the route is part of the French way. There are brass markers embedded in pavements in central Montpellier with the scallop shell surrounded by ""Camin Roumieu Montpellier". SY's link shows a wonderful route from Montpellier to StJ P de P via Lourdes.

Now that would be a pilgrimage! Who's done it?

De Colores

Bogong (getting itchy feet, but would probably be really risking that divorce which has been threatened nearly every day for the last 46 years)

Most read last week in this forum