• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gronze has added Via Francigena

roving_rufus

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2013-2015) Portugues (2017-2019) Via Francigena (2018-??) Camino from Ireland (2020-??)
Gronze is a favourite resource of mine ( and lots if others) when walking caminos but it has added the Via Francigena now. It's still a work in progress but has accomodation lists and photos starting from Lausanne, but at moment they have only reached Fidenza.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My Espagnol comprehension isn't great, but the app shows only the stages from Lausanne to Rome. No stages (yet) from Canterbury to the Swiss border. Just an FYI.

My Espagnol comprehension isn't great, but the app shows only the stages from Lausanne to Rome. No stages (yet) from Canterbury to the Swiss border. Just an FYI.
As in OP, its very definitely a work in progress, it's still not even reached Rome from Lausanne in the info provided (Fidenza is currently the finishing point). And it makes sense for them to start with info on the most walked section of route, and then hopefully add in earlier sections. But rather than wait months for something more complete even for the Italian section, it seems a good strategy to release stage by stage.

This is exciting. And it looks like they are filling it in quickly. Currently it goes from Lausanne (stage 48) to:

Col du Grand-Saint-Bernard (55) - complete

Pavia (67) - maps, profiles, places to stay, difficulty and "paisaje" ratings

Rome (100) - maps, distances, and elevation profiles

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Let's hope they get the English and French sections included, and not catch the Italian disease, the most obvious symptom of which is to implicitly insist that the Via Francigena starts at the Italian/Swiss border, up in the Alps.
But hooray! The signs are good!
Our Gronzey have at least included the Swiss section.
Good job Gronzey.
Now keep it up.
Regards,
Gerard

Let's hope they get the English and French sections included, and not catch the Italian disease, the most obvious symptom of which is to implicitly insist that the Via Francigena starts at the Italian/Swiss border, up in the Alps.
I almost wish the Via Francigena had different names for the different sections, in the same way that the "Camino de Santiago" from Geneva is composed of the Vía Gebennensis, Chemin de Puy, and the Camino Francés.

But then again, I'm one of the guys who has caught the Italian disease,.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back