A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

LIVE from the Camino Gudbrandsdalsleden - Eidsvoll to Trondheim

Santiago Photo Book

Anita Sollie

Camino(s) past & future
walking the camino from 18.may 2014
Telenor and Telia seem to have good coverage along the E6, but once away from that it looks patchy. This is much the same as when I walked in 2012. The only place I stayed that didn't have some form of mobile coverage was Rhypusan. Budsjord Gard, Furuhaugli, Hjerrkin and Kongsvoll all had mobile coverage. Once I left left Kongsvoll I didn't have coverage until I got closer to Oppdal.
I was walking over Dovre i july. It is good coverage - but it may be that I used the mobilnet. Dovre is awesome and beautyful to walk. Buen camino or God vandring <3

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012)
CP(2015)
St Olavs Way Norway(2016)
88 Temples Japan(2017)
PWC & VF(2019)
Israel (2020)
When I entered the grounds of Sygard Grytting yesterday, I noticed a sculpture. Took a photo, and asked Stieg, the owner of the place, about it later. Because it kept sitting in the front of my brain.

Turns out that there were a lot more, and it was part of a project called Flokk, by Gitte Dæhlin. It was to be her last project.

I went to see it, by evening light, and took some more photos. I slept calmly, in the company of the Flokk.
I remember that sculpture park well from my St Olav's Way (Oslo to Trondheim) in 2016. Although I found it all a bit creepy, I was amazed that every single one was unique, not even facial features were the same.
I, however, couldn't completely concentrate due to all the sheep flanking me to get a nibble of my shoelaces, backback straps & hiking pole! 😄
Enjoying your account (although a bit slow to join the party...) & the stunning photos are bringing back lots of memories. 🇳🇴
👣 🌏

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012)
CP(2015)
St Olavs Way Norway(2016)
88 Temples Japan(2017)
PWC & VF(2019)
Israel (2020)
Made it!

More tonight.

View attachment 62040
Congratulations @Purky ...& thank you. Echoing the comments of others, your posts & photos are an absolute joy. Brought back so many memories of my 2016 St Olav's Way...&, I confess, a little tear 😿 at the above photo such was the impact that Cathedral has on me combined with the emotions of completing the walk safely.
Oh..& you're right...everything in Norway IS up; the trail goes UP the mountain, the supermarket is UP the road, the hut is UP the hill, your room is UP the stairs...up, up, UP! I remember it well. 😁
Once again, well done. I admire you camped & carried so much. My walking style is 'travel light, comfy at night' so hats 🧢 👒 off to you!
👣 🌏

ranthr

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
After reading @Purky post I wondered why I have taken all these 3,5 hours extra flights to Spain to get to the camino when I could have walked out of my plain from the north at Oslo airport Gardemoen and started walking.
I guess it´s because I am more afraid of the mosques at Dovre than of the Iberian wolves and
bears.
Enjoyed reading about your walk to Nidaros.

Purky

The Dutch guy
Camino(s) past & future
Reality is frequently inaccurate
After reading @Purky post I wondered why I have taken all these 3,5 hours extra flights to Spain to get to the camino when I could have walked out of my plain from the north at Oslo airport Gardemoen and started walking.
I guess it´s because I am more afraid of the mosques at Dovre than of the Iberian wolves and
bears.
Enjoyed reading about your walk to Nidaros.
I also remembered the mosquitoes from the year before, and armed myself with Mygga spray and the well known (in Sweden and Norway) Djungelolja. Worked quite well, I must say. And to be honest, it wasn't all that bad to begin with. Just don't sit still for too long and cover up good at night, that was my modus operandi. And, when in company, I was glad the mozzies liked other people better than me... :p

jrm

what a wonderful journey! Thanks so much for sharing. I've long wanted to walk this way, and now I must actually plan. Thank you for the wanderlust stoking narrative. Time for this non-German/Norwegian speaker to hit the trail again.

Last edited:
Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
PlutseligPilegrim St Olav´s Way to Trondheim 0

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 267 24.5%