• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hanging your 'drawers' out for the world to see!

WalkCWalk

Time of past OR future Camino
sept. 2014
Little unsure about my undergarments hanging out to dry at an albergue. Does anyone have a picture of a clothes line. Am I worried for nothing? Still want to see pictures!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Never thought about looking at other's hanging out, was just concerned about getting mine dry, getting food, and getting sleep :) I really don't think you have to worry about it. Most people have seen them before and if they are that deranged, they probably carry a JC Penney catalog with them anyway ;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Walking on the North route this spring, we found it difficult to get our washing dried sometimes, so carried clothespegs and would hang socks, drawers etc. on our packpacks to dry as we walked. The prospect of walking in wet underclothes soon got rid of our inhibitions, and it was quite normal to see pilgrims acting as mobile washing lines! "Check my socks" became one of our catchphrases.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
LOL... thanks for the photo. Just don't want my "granny panties" to cause alarm to some. Now my walking partner's thong might draw attention away from my granny panties!!
You are cracking me up..now about my plus sized drawers!

Following advice that merino wool is best, I assumed this mantra worked for all garments, and searched the internet for woollen pants (with vague but disconcerting memories of home-knitted swimsuits that would stretch alarmingly when wet - yes, I am that old). I finally found merino wool underwear sold by a UK company appropriately called Finisterre, and as normal, ordered a size too large so as to avoid the dreaded vpl (translation - visible panty line).

I hadn't really thought this through - 100% merino wool = no elasticine, hence they weren't stretchy - they were just huge, and I mean 'HUGE'. Needless to say, I was never tempted to hoist them on the back of my pack, and always tried to find the farthest corner of the washing line to hang them out. However, I have to admit that they are expeptionally comfortable and are still worn on a regular basis for hiking, and they will accompany me on my next camino.

My daughter and I did hang other garments as we walked - here is Ella with full line of washing hanging out to dry......
image.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Your unmentionables are really no concern-one of my special Camino memories concerns a towel which I hung out to dry after a late shower and the next morning I packed up and walked off and left it, forlorn on the line. That evening I too was forlorn when I discovered my mistake however a companion with whom I had been walking took out a pair of scissors and immediately cut her microfibre into two towels and presented me with one-a heartfelt sacrifice. The problem is not where or what to hang but to remember to take the things down again! A problem which, unlike wine, doesn't get better with age.

Where I grew up, everybody hung their laundry out, so we saw everybody's undies on the line :) It is the sort of thing that once you get used to it, you don't even notice. My husband grew up in a house with a dryer (tres chic), so he is much more sensitive to people seeing his drawers. I still hang things to dry at home even though we have a dryer - he used to run out and take down the undies before anyone came over so that they wouldn't see. He has gotten past that little hang up.

One note: Given that you might share a path or two with cattle, you may not want to think twice before hanging red undies from your pack. :)
Not that I had red underwear hanging from my bag (I am clueless about farm animals), but a local woman warned me, by generously pointing out his manliness and urging me to get off the path, now, when el torro walked by. From that day on, I gave the cattle wide berth!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I honestly do not think anyone really notices anyone else's clothes hanging out to dry! I brought four pairs of Under Armour boy shorts and would definitely recommend then- super quick dry and never had to hang them from my pack the next day ;-)

:)No problem with letting them 'all hang out' . Nobody passes any notice whatsoever.Just bring a few clothes pegs (I even put my name on mine !!) as they are always in short supply. Here's a photo from the Albergue Xunta in Ribadiso.Plenty of clothes line space,lots of sun = great drying and happy peregrinos !

Attachments

• DSCF0359.jpg
    DSCF0359.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 174
There's a good washing line inthe garden of the albergue at Santo Domingo, close to the chicken coop containing the 'spare' chickens for the cathedral!

Hopefully, everyone is washing their undies and hanging them out to dry, so no one is going to care about yours. No worries.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You'll either be too tired or (better) to eager to get to the red wine to care.

Rab base layer clothing with antibacterial coating will go a long way before it smells...

I don't take pegs, just a travel clothes line made of twisted elastic with metal end hooks together with a couple of old- fashioned nappy pins. Great for the "walking clothesline" as well as in albergues with limited line space. Plus they have a million emergency uses. Like holding together a broken pack, making a rain shelter for an injured pilgrim and as a belt when trousers were falling down due to weight loss.
It's easy to buy the clothes line, hard to buy the nappy pins. Ordinary large safety pins are a substitute but not as good.
If I was being a really bare-arsed weight maniac I 'd still take nappy pins.

Little unsure about my undergarments hanging out to dry at an albergue. Does anyone have a picture of a clothes line. Am I worried for nothing? Still want to see pictures!
Here is a couple of possible solutions: 1. Pack all of your old underwear and each time you want change into clean underwear, dump the used ones in a garbage pail. 2. Take disposable under wear. you can get them at camp/trave stores. 3. Don't wear underwear. 4. Borrow a pair from the first Alberga you stay in, wear them to the next Alberga, wash them clean, borrow a clean pair and so on. These are just a few suggestions

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This concern is very amusing for many (me included) but it is a cultural issue. We were astounded when our daughter on student exchange in Brazil (land of the micro-bikini) told us that she could not put her underpants in the wash or dry them on the clothes line. Her Brazilian family washed their own daks by hand and dried them in their bedrooms.

Hey, I wear boy shorts so no worries.

Good on you! Wearing "boxer" style shorts successfully addresses the "chafing" issue for most people. No matter if you are male or female, having elastic touching your constantly moving legs is a prescription for skin rashes and worse. I have rather large, muscular thighs and can only walk wearing loose fitting boxers. I imagine others have similar issues.

I have advised women to try small sized, synthetic fiber, men's boxer underwear, or if necessary even boy's child or teen sizes. Failing that, there are several companies making women's boxer style running shorts without the mesh "liner." If you can find these shorts in fast drying synthetic material, they are a good alternative.;)

Last edited:
I use some long undies from a US company called Wickers...basically like light cycling or compression shorts. Also "Smarty
Pants" that bill themselves as "Underwear for Active Women". Just for these issues, for those of us past our years of "thigh gap."

I actually wear the Wickers over regular lingerie...so I will take only one longer one, and have versatility for travel or non walking days.

Blushes as she can't realize she us saying this on a huge forum.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Blushes as she can't realize she us saying this on a huge forum.[/quote]

Speaking of blushing---my underwear seen hanging on the line didn't bother me a bit. I did try very hard to avoid its being seen while hanging on ME--but wasn't always successful.

image.jpg

Is this what you are thinking of? After six pilgrimage I have seen it all types of undergarments hanging out to dry.

I have even heard stories of pilgrims accidentally sharing their under garments

Thank you for all the replies ~ I think C and I will be checking out the boy short/boxer brief option ... We are are not of the small pixie size variety, heck - we did not realize there was supposed to be a gap between our thighs!!! WalkCWalk needs to spend more time figuring out how we are going to haul ourselves over the Pyrenees and less on laundry! (...and she so lied about the thong, ain't gonna happen)

Thank you for all the replies ~ I think C and I will be checking out the boy short/boxer brief option ... We are are not of the small pixie size variety, heck - we did not realize there was supposed to be a gap between our thighs!!! WalkCWalk needs to spend more time figuring out how we are going to haul ourselves over the Pyrenees and less on laundry! (...and she so lied about the thong, ain't gonna happen)

I would love to meet up with you two...you sound like you’d be a hoot to walk with

I think C and I will be checking out the boy short/boxer brief option ...

I am looking into that too. I am fairly petite and pretty fit, but I have junk in the trunk, so it is hard to find "full coverage" undies that actually fully cover the trunk. I need to find some boy shorts that are super stretchy or something.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
This concern is very amusing for many (me included) but it is a cultural issue. We were astounded when our daughter on student exchange in Brazil (land of the micro-bikini) told us that she could not put her underpants in the wash or dry them on the clothes line. Her Brazilian family washed their own daks by hand and dried them in their bedrooms.

You're right:) It's a cultural issue. I never realised that drying your underwear where they could be seen was an issue until I moved abroad in my early 20s. I grew up with; wash your clothes, hang them up to dry, fold them (according to mum)/sling them the dresser (according to me). In some ways - not seeing underwear drying is worse; how do you know if people are bashful or just have an aversion to washing:p

I would love to meet up with you two...you sound like you’d be a hoot to walk with

We would love to meet and hang out with people from this forum during our pilgrimage. We depart San Antonio, Texas on September 3rd and SJPdP on September 5th. We would die of embarrassment if anyone listened in on our training hikes, the stuff we talk about is just silly. I have completely turned the walking part over to God and have no worries. However, God does not care about our panties, rain gear, sporks or sleeping bag issues ~ obsessing over these things are up to us!

We would love to meet and hang out with people from this forum during our pilgrimage. We depart San Antonio, Texas on September 3rd and SJPdP on September 5th. We would die of embarrassment if anyone listened in on our training hikes, the stuff we talk about is just silly. I have completely turned the walking part over to God and have no worries. However, God does not care about our panties, rain gear, sporks or sleeping bag issues ~ obsessing over these things are up to us!

Well, I guess we’ll have to meet in another lifetime. I start my walk on May 14th. No worries about the walking either. I”ll get there no matter how slow I go. I mean, after all, I have 52 days to reach Finisterra from SJPdP. And I hear ya about the rest of the stuff... I suspect you two will have a wonderful pilgrimage and you’ll make many, many friends. Oh..and look for the forum patches...do you two have them?

Couple more suggestions: 1. Use cycling shorts. My wife and I used cycling shorts when we cycled the Frances. No need for under wear. No chaffing either. They dry quickly. They don't look like panties on the clothes line. Since your walking get the non padded type. Because their usually black, you never notice the stains. 2. Wear a kilt. Buen camino.

Love this thread. Makes me chuckle constantly. I too didn't care a fig once I'd staggered in, showered and washed my undies etc, but this time I've deliberately chosen dark colours. Hope to meet some of you comedians on the road in April/May, you're a hoot.
Annie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Note to dariosilva who suggested wearing a kilt... as a patriotic Scot I would discourage this, the chaffing of wool on one's nether regions for long distances to those not brought up to do so is not reccommended.

Thanks MKalcolm. I've really never hiked with my kilt. But my kilt is great to relax around the house. Airs out the nether region. But, my leder hosen ( excuse the spelling my fellow German pilgrims), are some of the finest walking shorts I've ever worn even without the under wear. Never wash them, just clean the nether region area with a wash cloth and mild soap.
Plan to walk in2015. I'll have to meditate on this under wear issue.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Trudging along somewhere after Melide I was passed on the Camino by two young women chatting away in German. The had very long tanned legs and wore short shorts. As they drew away in front of me I noticed the backs of their packs were festooned with items of frilly underwear.
Their image stays with me for some reason.

Following advice that merino wool is best, I assumed this mantra worked for all garments, and searched the internet for woollen pants (with vague but disconcerting memories of home-knitted swimsuits that would stretch alarmingly when wet - yes, I am that old). I finally found merino wool underwear sold by a UK company appropriately called Finisterre, and as normal, ordered a size too large so as to avoid the dreaded vpl (translation - visible panty line).

I hadn't really thought this through - 100% merino wool = no elasticine, hence they weren't stretchy - they were just huge, and I mean 'HUGE'. Needless to say, I was never tempted to hoist them on the back of my pack, and always tried to find the farthest corner of the washing line to hang them out. However, I have to admit that they are expeptionally comfortable and are still worn on a regular basis for hiking, and they will accompany me on my next camino.

My daughter and I did hang other garments as we walked - here is Ella with full line of washing hanging out to dry......
View attachment 8337

Looks like my bottom drawer:D

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This thread reminds me of how quickly behavior changes on the Camino. For the first couple of days out of SJPP people sneak off to the bathroom to change clothes, some women still take the time to put on make-up and people (especially women) will walk a 100 meters off the path to relieve themselves. By the time you get to Burgos, people change clothes by simply turning their backs to you, virtually every woman has ditched her make-up kit, and most people are willing to relieve their bladders (including women) at or near the trail itself.

And that's the magic of the Camino. It teaches us to accept others as they are and teaches us what is really important in life.

I hadn't really thought this through - 100% merino wool = no elasticine, hence they weren't stretchy - they were just huge, and I mean 'HUGE'. ]

School bloomers? LOL.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
What are underwear ???o_O:oops::eek::D

I remember a motley collection of underwear - including my own - hanging in the tower high above Grañon church. The guano from the pigeons was a constant threat to pristine laundry but by that stage on the Camino no one was caring about who wore what below their shorts!

P1000383.JPG

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Do the albergues have actual washing machines or do we just use a bucket and soap?

Buen Camino
Bill

Many have coin operated washing machines.

I am from Flower Mound, TX up between Dallas and Fort Worth. Are you going September 2015?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This thread reminds me of how quickly behavior changes on the Camino. For the first couple of days out of SJPP people sneak off to the bathroom to change clothes, some women still take the time to put on make-up and people (especially women) will walk a 100 meters off the path to relieve themselves. By the time you get to Burgos, people change clothes by simply turning their backs to you, virtually every woman has ditched her make-up kit, and most people are willing to relieve their bladders (including women) at or near the trail itself.

And that's the magic of the Camino. It teaches us to accept others as they are and teaches us what is really important in life.
that will be me my first camino. I am modest. will take some getting used to.

I read Nicholas Luard's wonderful book about walking the camino, To the field of stars. At one point, he expresses disgust at the wet, stained underwear of another pilgrim hanging at a bunk near his. If I have problems with undergarment hygiene on the camino, I plan on throwing out any badly stained garments, after acquiring new ones, of course. That seems like a better solution than carrying bleach in my backpack to remove stains.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am from Flower Mound, TX up between Dallas and Fort Worth. Are you going September 2015?

We walked SJPdP to Logrono last September (2014) ... We went back the end of March (2015) and walked Logrono to Sahagun ... God willing we will return Mar/Apr 2016 to walk Sahagun to Sarria!

Revisiting this topic made me laugh ~ We were just so naive about what we thought would be important!

We ended up hanging clean laundry on any surface that would allow it to dry! We had a line strung across the entire room in Pamplona, if we had a balcony it had laundry on it and we created a sauna in a very warm attic room in SJPdP ... If they places we stayed offered to do laundry for us --- we happily paid!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this strand. I broke out laughing while doing so.

I remember teaching in Australia 15 years ago at a catholic school. There was a convent on the grounds and one recess it began to pour rain. The principal came running out shouting for me to help him take the nuns clothing off the line and out of the rain. I FROZE as I saw many bras and nuns bloomers hanging out. Honestly i was scared to touch them and put them in the hamper, but my boss was shouting for me to hurry.

I said a Hail Mary for fondling nuns panties and bras....LOL Talk about Catholic guilt..LOL
Nothing will ever surprise me now, so clothes lines, here I come!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Lots of public drying space. If you want private, try the underside of your bunk.View attachment 8328
This photo must have been taken in Rabanal del Camino on the private albergue with great owners/hosts. Plenty of drying spaces there.
No one cared what was hanging as long as the clothes dried up.

I'm leaving in a week and bringing my 18 y/o nephew with me. I hope the poor boy isn't too shocked.

What are underwear ???o_O:oops::eek::D
69177515_c297ed65c9_o-690x517.jpg

Source:
http://whenonearth.net/1500-bras-hanging-fence-cardrona-new-zealand/

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
One day when I arrived at the albergue there was a large group of very small Oriental ladiesusing the washing machine. Later a small group of large European ladies arrived and they wanted to use the machine immediately but the others insisted that there was a queue to use it.. Fair Enough. So relations between the two groups was not the warmest!
Next morning the Orientals were up early and gone before the rest of us. Can you imagine what it was like when the large ladies discovered that the others had taken their black underwear and left similar black under wear several sizes smaller!!

Can you imagine what it was like when the large ladies discovered that the others had taken their black underwear and left similar black under wear several sizes smaller!!
Probably about the same as when the small ladies discovered that two of them could fit into a single pair of undies.

Last autumn the Beloved witnessed the consternation of one of the Cathedral officials in Santiago confronted by a pilgrim with his clean but battered boxers pinned to the back of his pack. Happy pilgrim unpinned and packed away his battle flag with scarcely a blush.
Was in Santiago they don't allow backpack into the Cathedral.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I guess it says something about my humour that this thread is right up my alley. Like a number of other ladies, I opted for a boy short solution since I had opted to wear skirts for hiking and didn't want chafing or overexposure issues! My husband had a couple of lengths of cord to utilize for a clothesline and they proved very useful when there was a shortage of hanging space, or none at all. In Logrono we stayed in a private albergue, and shared a room with two Spanish ladies, who proved to be a very self absorbed noisy pair. While we were waiting for a chance to shower my husband strung up his washine on the rooms small balcony. It was a long wait since one of them was hogging the bathroom while chatting on her cell phone, and was either oblivious or uninterested in our sweaty bodies perched on the edge of our beds. When we had finally cleaned ourselves and our clothes we discovered that they had covered every inch of the clothesline with their laundry. We had no issues with manhandling someone else's undies at that point. I thought it very generous of my husband to leave their items on the line at all rather than drop them to the street below! (I know, not a very pilgrim like thought...)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I certainly enjoyed this thread!! I also thought about this before I got over there. Funny, after arriving at the first albergue I never gave it a thought again. Like others, all I cared about was clean clothes, getting the laundry DRY, food and sleep. I couldn't have cared less what anyone thought about the size or color of anything I wore. LOL!

If you layer your knickers and socks in your towel, roll up the towel and wring it out, you’ll get most of the water out. Then hang your knickers and socks at the end of your bed, and they’ll be dry, ready to put on, in the morning!

I guess it says something about my humour that this thread is right up my alley. Like a number of other ladies, I opted for a boy short solution since I had opted to wear skirts for hiking and didn't want chafing or overexposure issues! My husband had a couple of lengths of cord to utilize for a clothesline and they proved very useful when there was a shortage of hanging space, or none at all. In Logrono we stayed in a private albergue, and shared a room with two Spanish ladies, who proved to be a very self absorbed noisy pair. While we were waiting for a chance to shower my husband strung up his washine on the rooms small balcony. It was a long wait since one of them was hogging the bathroom while chatting on her cell phone, and was either oblivious or uninterested in our sweaty bodies perched on the edge of our beds. When we had finally cleaned ourselves and our clothes we discovered that they had covered every inch of the clothesline with their laundry. We had no issues with manhandling someone else's undies at that point. I thought it very generous of my husband to leave their items on the line at all rather than drop them to the street below! (I know, not a very pilgrim like thought...
:D:D Oh, come now! They probably thought you would spend as much time in the bathroom as they did, and by that time their clothes would have had ample time to dry! All the same, I think I would have 'accidentally' let one or more of their garments fall to the street below, then expressed great regret about it. Not sure I could have done it with a straight face tho'. :cool:;)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If you layer your knickers and socks in your towel, roll up the towel and wring it out, you’ll get most of the water out. Then hang your knickers and socks at the end of your bed, and they’ll be dry, ready to put on, in the morning!
Warning: This is a great method, but you have to make a straining face as you twist the towel, best if aided by your significant other. :D

I hadn't really thought this through - 100% merino wool = no elasticine, hence they weren't stretchy - they were just huge, and I mean 'HUGE'.

Magwood,
I'm curious what brand of merino wool clothing you bought, as I wore Icebreaker Merino undies, camisole and TShirts and they were all stretchy. (LOVED them, by the way, perfect for the Camino). I must say though that they are expensive and I have found they have not been terribly durable)

As for the original post question - I don't think anyone worries about underwear hanging out to dry - no matter what shape or size. You just want your sox and undies dry to wear the next day.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this strand. I broke out laughing while doing so.

I remember teaching in Australia 15 years ago at a catholic school. There was a convent on the grounds and one recess it began to pour rain. The principal came running out shouting for me to help him take the nuns clothing off the line and out of the rain. I FROZE as I saw many bras and nuns bloomers hanging out. Honestly i was scared to touch them and put them in the hamper, but my boss was shouting for me to hurry.

I said a Hail Mary for fondling nuns panties and bras....LOL Talk about Catholic guilt..LOL
Nothing will ever surprise me now, so clothes lines, here I come!
2 years ago I broke my shoulder. While recuperating I told my doctor that I used the shower rod to hang on to and stretch my arms out, regaining motion and muscle. He laughed and said he had a little nun who had the same injury, and did the same thing, which surprised him. Why? I asked...he replied "Because I didn't think nuns took showers."

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Here's a pic of the clothes line I took.

clothes line.jpg

Worked brilliantly when running the line between bunk beds. Really long line, clips on both ends and all fits in a pouch the size of box of tic tacs and only weighs 1oz. If you're concerned you can just run the line under the bed above and then someone is going to have to work pretty darn hard to have a look!

What I found was that most people, after the first day or two, was that everyone pretty much couldn't care less what their fellow pilgrim was wearing or hanging! Of course, it was winter so most wore more rather than less.

Oh you. Made me laugh. I'm very certain felt the same way two years ago, but now I can't even remember hanging them. Though I know I did wash them so I must have dried them. You'll get over it even if right now you can't imagine how. Maybe it was seeing all the men and woman walking around the albergue IN their grannie panties that gets you over it. Can't remeber.

Leave your embarrassments at home. You are likely to see far more underwear on bodies in dorms etc without intending to.

Privacy can be had on the camino but for a price. Albergues make walking the Caminos affordable for people of all walks of life but at the cost of privacy.
Staying in Albergues is a huge part of the camino. Buen Camino

PS It's Europe. I've seen naked people in parks. People don't care if you hang out your underwater to dry or use them for signal flags.

Last edited:
Nothing to worry about. We have seen it all at some time in our lives. I see clothes lines all over Ireland and Spain its just what people do when the weather is as my gran used to say 'good drying weather'

Here is a couple of possible solutions: 1. Pack all of your old underwear and each time you want change into clean underwear, dump the used ones in a garbage pail. 2. Take disposable under wear. you can get them at camp/trave stores. 3. Don't wear underwear. 4. Borrow a pair from the first Alberga you stay in, wear them to the next Alberga, wash them clean, borrow a clean pair and so on. These are just a few suggestions
Think I was victim of solution 4....my underwear supply decreased from five to two pairs in the space if two weeks....wash and wear for the rest of the Camino...x:p

Round the back of Orisson. As if you couldn't guess from the flag.

Attachments

• 20150410_99_3.JPG
    20150410_99_3.JPG
    675.4 KB · Views: 11

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back