• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Happy Paddies Day.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Happy St Patrick's day everyone.
Well it certainly won't be like other years
I will however wear my ridiculous green,white and gold woolly hat (usually reserved for the garden) on the bus today.
Do you think people will notice?
Maybe not unless I do a few steps to Riverdance up the cent aisle of the bus!image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 15
I will however wear my ridiculous green,white and gold woolly hat (usually reserved for the garden) on the bus today.
Maybe not unless I do a few steps to Riverdance up the cent aisle of the bus!View attachment 95572
On the bus? Where to? You need a stiff green drink, Annette! Don't forget to try to tune in to TG4, as advertised by @SioCamino, tonight, 19.45. A most poignant tribute. We all need some respite from the grief of pandemic, so let the world be green for a day!
Happy St Patrick's Day everyone. Maybe by this time next year I will have my Irish passport. After 50 years here, wow!

1615980831417.jpeg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
"Time and tide wait for no man!"

I spent seven decades believing I was Italian and German. Then, one Christmas, my son bought the three of us (him, his sister and me) a DNA kit. Here's the truth of the matter: 40% Scot, 26% Welsh (Borderers), 9% Irish. Makes me 75% Celt. So, after all that pasta and red wine over the years and dressing up on St Patrick's Day in green and drinking Jameson's, I can honestly say I feel more Irish than ever before. Slainte!!!

Maybe not unless I do a few steps to Riverdance up the cent aisle of the bus!View attachment 95572
Happy St Patricks day, Annette. Might be better to wear Green White and Orange hat. Other wise misses point!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
"Time and tide wait for no man!"

I spent seven decades believing I was Italian and German. Then, one Christmas, my son bought the three of us (him, his sister and me) a DNA kit. Here's the truth of the matter: 40% Scot, 26% Welsh (Borderers), 9% Irish. Makes me 75% Celt. So, after all that pasta and red wine over the years and dressing up on St Patrick's Day in green and drinking Jameson's, I can honestly say I feel more Irish than ever before. Slainte!!!
I have a friend whose husband has natural blond hair (turning gray now) and he came from a nearly 100% Swedish background and his parents spoke fluently. Their house had a Swedish tole painting of a horse next to the front door in the colors of blue and yellow.
He had the DNA test and discovered he was a large percentage Jewish.

Happy St Patricks day, Annette. Might be better to wear Green White and Orange hat. Other wise misses point!
Perhaps you've missed the appointment of traditional colour coding when referring to the national flag: all that glitters is always gold. Despite appearances to the contrary, it's never orange.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Perhaps you've missed the appointment of traditional colour coding when referring to the national flag: all that glitters is always gold. Despite appearances to the contrary, it's never orange.
Read the Constitution

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
On the bus? Where to? You need a stiff green drink, Annette! Don't forget to try to tune in to TG4, as advertised by @SioCamino, tonight, 19.45. A most poignant tribute. We all need some respite from the grief of pandemic, so let the world be green for a day!
Happy St Patrick's Day everyone. Maybe by this time next year I will have my Irish passport. After 50 years here, wow!

View attachment 95585
The only accessories needed today
The height of fashion
What more could a girl wish for when Riverdance comes a callingimage.jpeg

As per
ARTICLE 7. The national flag is the tricolour of green, white and orange.

Our national flag is Green,white and orange. Not green white and gold.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

View attachment 95585
hi kirkie, I got my Irish passport years ago! :) Cant get out of the flat whilst waiting for important phone calls but will don my Irish rugby shirt and quaff some of my wine. My sound system is up the creek as the stylus has gone so cant play flamenco and be an Iberian Celt! will just have to gaze mournfully out of the Western window .Early bed tho as am doing the couch to 5k routine and am running tomorrow. week three and starting to get the hang of it. I am now lurching into a very fast shuffle! Doing the lotto for tonite as I have picked a house at a cool million euros and wish to get out there! :)

Samarkand.

Just finished our home cooked St. Patrick’s Day meal...corned beef and cabbage... Nice change of the daily menu....

The Irish did not start the corned beef part of the american meal tradition. The poor Irish-immigrants to the cities could not afford the better cuts of meat so they got this cheaper cut of beef (those were the days being cheap) from the butcher and boiled it.

May the Wisdom of God instruct us. May the Hand of God protect us. May the Way of God direct us. May the Shield of God defend us.
Prayer-of St. Patrick

Attachments

• 3ADEE88E-10B4-4EF2-8BB0-0026F9D0CA84.jpeg
    3ADEE88E-10B4-4EF2-8BB0-0026F9D0CA84.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • AD26FDD6-7066-42A5-961C-FEFC8FA7F63F.jpeg
    AD26FDD6-7066-42A5-961C-FEFC8FA7F63F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
May the trail rise to meet you,
May the wind be always on your backs,
May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields and until we meet again may God hold you in the hollow if his hand......

Buen Camino my friends.

On the17th of March everyone is a little bit Irish!!🇮🇪

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That is class! I used to live in Dunmore East so that was a regular spot I'd go to, never knew they lit them up for St Patrick's day. That picture is absolutely class!
This was a first for the Metal Man I believe, similar to the Rock of Cashel I believe many County Councils have jumped on the Irish Tourism Boards Global Greening Campaign for St Patrick's Day. Much like the many famous World Landmarks that light up in Green on March 17th, local landmarks are being lit up in order to bring some semblance of festivity & cheer on this day we all love. The Quays in Waterford are in Green along with all those boats moored there & the historic Reginald's Tower. The Thomas Francis Meagher bridge is also a sight to behold.......it spreads hope!

Attachments

• EwjRD3pWUAMr0ku.jpeg
    EwjRD3pWUAMr0ku.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Ewhqs52XIAAwQNf.jpeg
    Ewhqs52XIAAwQNf.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Ewhqs5qWUAIhDzo.jpeg
    Ewhqs5qWUAIhDzo.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Our national flag is Green,white and orange. Not green white and gold.

Ah, yes, but the point is that nobody around here acknowledges the evidence of their own eyes. The flag is indeed as orange as the postman’s ‘yellow’ van, before An Post repainted their fleet in one of the famous forty shades of green.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.