A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Has anyone stayed at Gite Ultreia in SJPP?

AML

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Experience?
Did you like it?
Just considering it...
Hi Annie, I don't know anything about Gite Ultreia.....but I have stayed in L'esprit du Chemin in St Jean and would highly recommend it!
Great start to the Camino and excellent food:)
Aidan

TheTinkerBell

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP - SdC (2013);
OCebreiro - Fisterra (2019)
Yep, I stayed there this summer Annie. Memories of it are hazy - I think I was too excited/nervous about the following morning. The beds were ok, but a little cramped. The breakfast was standard Continental fare (tea, coffee, fruit, croissant, jams and some biscuits). The interior of the place was a little dark for my taste, but then this was the first time in a very long time I'd stayed in hostal-type accommodation. The one big plus is the owner - he was very helpful and full of information. Very nice guy. He does insist on no-one leaving the accommodation before 8am though. Don't remember if they laid on an evening meal, but we went to one of the restaurants anyway. Overall, I'd give it a 6/10.

7wood

Camino(s) past & future
2013 SJPP to Pamplona. 2014 Pamplona to Burgos. 2015 Burgos to Sarria. 2016 Sarria to Santiago de Compostla,Finisterre,Muxia. 2016. 2017 Porto to ???
Stayed there in September this year, nice accommodation, as Tinker Bell said the owner was very helpful. I thought €10 for breakfast a bit steep. 6/10. A great place to stay in Pamplona is Casa Ibarrola on Calle Carmen just as you enter the old town. You can Google them.

LarryBC

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances from SJPP (2013)
Camino Finnisterre (2013)
Caminho Portugues (2014)
We stayed there this past Sept. Nice old building. I liked the interior -- tasteful and it oozed Camino. Owner is interesting, has lived around the world, done the Camino himself, but is in the process of selling, as he says the Camino has changed and I think he's a bit burnt out. No evening meal. Breakfast was 4 euros. Small courtyard at the back for laundry and hanging out, but also the smoking area. Beds are a mix of bunks and single and double beds. Expensive at 15 euros per bed.

Overall, it was fine. We wanted to book L'esprit du Chemin (it was full) and I think we'd try to get in there next time. I like the idea of a communal evening meal to start the journey. Local restaurants were full, expensive and slow from our observation, but we found a takeout pizza place at the outskirts of town (just before the big grocery store) and we ate that beside the river.

--

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 was Camino #14
I've stayed in L'esprit and in Gite Compostelle. I loved both. But I thought I might do something different this year... but maybe not :)

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 253 25.0%