• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hat and LED torch?

gdb

Hello

Can anyone recommend a good hat to take - i want to take something with more coverage than a baseball cap - any brands/type that i should look for?

Regards Glen

Also does anyone own either a Led Lenser David 15 Led torch, the David 19 or the V2 tactical torch and if so how do you find it works at night?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As an Aussie, have you considered an Akubra? We both took them and found them perfect, wide for shade, warm in cold winds, protection from rain, just extremely comfortable. We even got snowed on. I think they are a lifetime purchase and look better the more battered they become. We picked some wild Rosemary and put it in the headband, and later when we came across the eucalypts of Galicia towards the end, we added a leaf. of that too.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Tilleys are good hats that provide good protection from sun and rain.

Not sure if available in Australia.

Most read last week in this forum