• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Heading north from Fatima

The Yukon

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese, Jacobs Weg, Camino Frances, Tui to Fatima
It’s always great to spend time in Tomar, but this time Fatima and Nazare were calling. Heading north from Fatima, I’ve heard mention of a convenient overnight stay in Caxarias. Try as I might, I haven’t found any place to stay in this town. Does anyone have experience on this path in this regard, give or take 5 km? Obrigado!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, I stayed at Residencial Manalvo in Caxarias in 2016. The restaurant certainly looks open still, if you google it:
Service options: Dine-in · Takeaway
Address: R. da Manalvo 3, 2435-047 Caxarias, Portugal
Hours: Opens soon ⋅ 7PM
Phone: +351 249 574 161
The rooms were all above. Very basic, and freezing cold in February with heavy horsehair blankets! But the people were great.

Hi, I stayed at Residencial Manalvo in Caxarias in 2016. The restaurant certainly looks open still, if you google it:
Service options: Dine-in · Takeaway
Address: R. da Manalvo 3, 2435-047 Caxarias, Portugal
Hours: Opens soon ⋅ 7PM
Phone: +351 249 574 161
The rooms were all above. Very basic, and freezing cold in February with heavy horsehair blankets! But the people were great.
Thanks for that most obscure and useful option. My sleeping bag and winter fleece might just come in handy. I’ll give them a call. While you’re on a roll, could I ask where you stayed one night to the north. Were you back on the main Camino? Thanks.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks for that most obscure and useful option. My sleeping bag and winter fleece might just come in handy. I’ll give them a call. While you’re on a roll, could I ask where you stayed one night to the north. Were you back on the main Camino? Thanks.
My camino buddy and I stayed on the waymarked path towards Ansiao, but we got lost on some forest tracks a few kms south. We eventually ended up on a road, so we hitched a ride into Ansiao. Stayed at Adega Tipica in Ansiao, as I’d stayed there before; very friendly, good value, and their food is good.

Bonjour pèlerin,
En 2018 j'ai fait le chemin de Lisbonne à Santiago en faisant le détour par Fatima, voilà où j'ai dormi à Caxarias le 13 mai. C'est à la salle des fêtes de cette petite ville, ce fut une expérience !
Si tu es intéressé je te donne les coordonnées pour téléphoner. Je peux te donner toutes les étapes si tu le désires. Bom caminho !

Attachments

• 20180513_160607.jpg
    20180513_160607.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20180513-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20180513-WA0008.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14

Most read last week in this forum

A local (central Portuguese) news source reported recently on the newly marked routes to Fatima from 1/ Serta 2/Tomar and 3/ Abrantes (east of Vila Nova da Barquinha on the Tejo/Tagus). Here's a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.