• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello fellow travelers

Spice

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to start in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 15 October 2019
I will be in SJPP 15-16 October, and I am planning on starting to walk on the 17. I am from Santa Barbara, California.
My plan is to walk to Plampona and then take the train to San Sebastian and walk to Bilbao, taking the train back to Plampona and continuing to Santiago, Muxui. Has anyone have any thoughts about my itinerary ?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I will be in SJPP 15-16 October, and I am planning on starting to walk on the 17. I am from Santa Barbara, California.
My plan is to walk to Plampona and then take the train to San Sebastian and walk to Bilbao, taking the train back to Plampona and continuing to Santiago, Muxui. Has anyone have any thoughts about my itinerary ?
Yes, if you want to do the walk from San Sebastián to Bilbao do it after you have completed the Francés/Finisterre/Muxía walk. Otherwise you will lose the continuity of your Camino, and the pilgrims that you begin with.

Yes, if you want to do the walk from San Sebastián to Bilbao do it after you have completed the Francés/Finisterre/Muxía walk. Otherwise you will lose the continuity of your Camino, and the pilgrims that you begin with.
Thanks, I won't be able to do the Northern route after Santiago, I have plans to meet friends and
family in
Barcelona.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A bus from Pamplona to SS makes more sense, buses are faster and run more often. From SS you can easily walk to Bilbao over some spectacular coastal terrain. I would take a bus from Bilbao back to the CF in Burgos. You might actually seque with pilgrims you met your first week of walking that way.

I agree with the advice above regarding taking the bus. Several buses everyday from Pamplona to San Sebastian. And both bus stations are located in easy locations to get to.

Enjoy San Sebastian!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Then save it for another time.
Hello, after some prayers I have decided to take your advice. Next time, I am a suffer and I thought how cool would it be to surf in Spain, besides there are waves Dude! LOL.
thank you again.
Shayla, trail name Spice

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.