• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello from Florida, USA

FeelHisPresence

A friend of mine from Ohio and I will be walking part of the Camino next May. Unfortunately we can only walk 2 weeks at a time. Since we want to walk the entire camino, we have committed to experiencing the moment and taking as many 2 week trips as we need. We are thoroughly enjoying the planning and keep talking about the training.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Enjoy your planning...but don't plan too much! As soon as you meet your Camino family all your plans could go up in flames! :D You'll enjoy just going with the flow.

Buen Camino!

Hello, welcome to the forum. I am from Sarasota FL and walked the Camino in Sept/Oct 2011. I planned for the trip and found the planning very enjoyable. With all the planning for the equipment and itinerary, I did not plan for hiking that first day. I had insufficient water and no real food. I arrived in Roncesvalles late that night and did not think of ordering a sandwich or food to take with us as we climbed the Pyrenees to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port. We climbed into France and then returned the next day via the valley route. Though we managed, having a second bottle of water and real food would have been better. The only opportunity we had for water was at the Fountain de Roland.

I really enjoyed the walk into France. The climb is not as strenuous as going in the more traditional way.

Let me know if I can help in your preparations.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi and welcome to he form.
I live in Jax and will be walking part of the Camino Frances next fall (2013) probably September or October. I will probably only have about 3 weeks. I may return to do the rest or this might be my only trip since there are so many places I would like to see in this world. So I will probably start in Leon or some where a bit west of there.
I am enjoying the planning and the preparation for the walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...
Hello✨✨✨✨ I ve just finished my thirty-day walk from San Sebastian and it’s a weird feeling I m going through , a mix of sadness and solitude. I kept afar Icts in the past few days to « see » and...
Hi everyone, I was just listening to Ivar's last video and he mentioned Ed Sheeran. So fyi: a heads up. Ed Sheeran will be doing a concert at Monte de Gozo on July 6th this year. Expect there to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.