• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello from the U.S - Midwest

cfutvoye

Good evening all,
What a wonderful community. I've already learned so much.
I hope to walk my first Camino this Sept/Oct (2013). I don't know if it's the fear or excitement I find more compelling. I've never been to Europe, and I'm thrilled at just the thought.
I'll be 55 at that time and I'm quite hopeful that I'll be ready (at least physically).
My name is Curt and I'm from Kansas City Missouri (city of fountains-heart of the nation).
Buen Camino,
Curt

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola Curt,
Welcome to the Forum.
September/October sounds like a geat time to walk. I've only walked in the spring, but I am planning our next walk for October/November.
Yes, I remember that feeling prior to the first walk. Enjoy it, the preperation is such a special part of the whole walk. Feel free to ask questions if you can't find the answers and consider posting your start date etc on the Camino de Santiago Calendar.
Buen Camino
Colin

Hi Curt,
You sound just like I feel..... I TOO will be walking the camino this Sept/Oct.... and i am so excited as well. I am leaving from Florida on Sept. 3. I have learned so much from this forum and thank everyone for the information. Maybe we will run (walk) into each other on the camino. Until then,

Buen Camino
Maggie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Curt! Have fun preparing and expect a bit of rain towards the end! Either spring or autumn are lovely times to walk. The changes between summer and winter are there before your eyes (and things are dropping on your head sometimes in autumn) to make you feel connected to nature. Have a great Camino! :D

Hi, Curt! I'm Tracey (age 51). My husband and I are from St. Louis and are hoping to do our first Camino this September/ October as well. We have never been to Europe either and are planning to fly into Paris, lease a car for 8 weeks, and travel through 7 countries. We are planning to do a partial circumvent of the Matterhorn in Switzerland, 3-4 days in Italy on the Via Ferrata, some more seaside cliff hiking in southern Italy and then the Camino (beginning in Sarria) before returning to Paris to fly home. Where are you starting your pilgrimage? Perhaps we will see you along the Way! :)

Hello Curt &Tracey. I am Robin from St Louis. I will begin my Camino adventure on July 14th. I will be spending time in France before I arrive in SJPP. As I get closer, I continue to be excited and a little nervous!
Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.