• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello From TX

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Rene and welcome to the forum. While from the USA I am currently living in Spain. Just finished the Camino and may be going back again either in September or about the same time you are planning for. I did manage to make it without a blister. And of course happy about that. Please,any questions do not hesitate. John

Hi Rene, I'm from Houston and walked last April and September. If this is your first camino, you're in for a wonderful time. I'm doing another one this Spring but haven't decided which one. San Anton should have a local chapter so check it out. Members will help with all your questions. Buen Camino

Welcome! Another Texan here! I’ll be walking June 2019. So excited - just about all I can think about lately - long 6 month wait till June.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello Rene from San Antonio!!! Welcome to the forum. I love San Antonio and lived there for 2.5 years while in the Air Force. So glad that you posted here and wish you a very Buen Camino!! My first Camino was May/June as well and I think that you picked a great time to go. You will absolutely enjoy your walk. Do not hesitate to ask any questions on the forum.....Ed

Welcome to the forum Rene, from yet another Texan (Dallas). I had no idea that there were that many of us on this great informative site. I've completed the Camino Frances and currently contemplating walking the Camino Portugues in 2019. Buen Camino and don't hesitate to post any questions.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello I’m Pam from San Antonio Texas! I’m planning my walk for the end of March 2019. My first big solo adventure. Working out the logistics of getting to SJPdP now.

Hello all, I am an ex-pat Texan and UT Austin alum (1975), but I have called Australia home for over 37 years now. I walked the CF in September- October this year (my first) and met many fellow Texans. I envy you starting your first Camino in 2020. I hope I'll make it at least once more, myself. Texans (and Aussies) can bear the heat without much fuss.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
plan it, and UR ½ way there !!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello Rene from the great state of California! You are about to embark on an extraordinary journey, Rene, so savior the planning and anticipation, for you will not be disappointed. I chose the Camino Francis for the simple challenge of walking 500 plus miles. Little did I realize the transformation I would experience until I reached Santiago. I was quite a moment. It is a special pilgrimage you too, will experience. Bien Camino, Rene.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, about six years ago I saw a pic of the Botafumeiro and saw Santiago de Campostella for the first time. Little by little I started to learn more and more about it. Then it started to call me, and it keeps getting louder and louder. I had a conversation with a buddy who has done parts of the PCT and AT and he told me if your looking for someone to talk you out of it you've come to the wrong place. He said the most important thing to do besides train, is to set a date and here we are.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, about six years ago I saw a pic of the Botafumeiro and saw Santiago de Campostella for the first time. Little by little I started to learn more and more about it. Then it started to call me, and it keeps getting louder and louder. I had a conversation with a buddy who has done parts of the PCT and AT and he told me if your looking for someone to talk you out of it you've come to the wrong place. He said the most important thing to do besides train, is to set a date and here we are.
You will absolutely enjoy YOUR Camino. Have fun and just let it happen. By the way, I start my thru hike on the Florida Trail this Jan 6 from Big Cypress....1400 Miles.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Rene,
I'm from San Antonio and have walked the Frances, Portugues, and Primitivo; as well as the Norwegian Pilegrimsleden. If you want to talk about the Camino let me know on the forum

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I should be leaving SA on April 9th or 10th, starting in St. Jean. I am planning on about 5-6 week camino.

Rene,
I'm from San Antonio and have walked the Frances, Portugues, and Primitivo; as well as the Norwegian Pilegrimsleden. If you want to talk about the Camino let me know on the forum
I'll be doing the Frances, I could really use info on what to use for phone service. Do I take my phone, buy a cheap phone there or other options??

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'll be doing the Frances, I could really use info on what to use for phone service. Do I take my phone, buy a cheap phone there or other options??
Hey there Firedriver I've looked into the phone a little and if you have AT&T it'll cost ten bucks a day to use your phone. I may also get a google number and use it when there is wi fi available as ten bucks a day can add up over 6 weeks. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.