• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello! Hoping to Walk in May 2013. SJPP to Burgos here I com

flyswatty

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked in May 2012 - Burgos to Santiago; Planning to walk in May 2013 - SJPP to Burgos!
Hey There: My name is Sonya and I live in Calgary, Canada. I had opportunity to walk the Camino from Burgos to Santiago last May-June 2013 and enjoyed the experience immensely. I am contemplating the option of walking again this May to fill in the part from SJPP to Burgos. Just starting the process of researching this portion and I am really looking forward to reading and responding to posts. If all goes well, I would love to start walking around May 26-28th. All the best to all of you who are doing your journey. Sonya

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks Al! One never knows! I'm leaving a bit later and your feet should be well seasoned by then. Enjoy!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi All

I am leaving SJPDP on the 2nd of May.
Hope to see some of you along "The Way"

Regards,
Darren

We'll be leaving St Jean PdP for Roncesvalles via the Napoleon Route on 19th May.

Cheers, The German

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I just realized that I didn't say when I was leaving. My hope is to start walking around May 26 or the 27th. Nice to have responses! Keep them coming. I find it interesting to hear when people are planning on going and so see that we come from all over.

Re: Re: Hello! Hoping to Walk in May 2013. SJPP to Burgos here I

clearskies said:
Hi Herman, ill be starting from Logrono on the 26th..you might see me as I pass through :)
Hi there clearskies,

Current planning puts the Logrono - Najera leg for us also on the 26th May, so I'd say there's a good chance of that. :)

Buen Camino,

The German

Ah great! Watch out for a pale Irishman so! :) najera is my stop off point for that day but maybe ventosa instead.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Re: Re: Hello! Hoping to Walk in May 2013. SJPP to Burgos here I

clearskies said:
Ah great! Watch out for a pale Irishman so! :) najera is my stop off point for that day but maybe ventosa instead.

Not Jack from Ireland? ;) Ive lost count how many times I've seen "The Way" now. No seriously, I'll keep an eye out for you... what colour backpack do you have? Me, I'll be carrying my bright red Deuter ACT Trail 32.

I'll be wearing a blue backpack and I have glasses. It will be impossible to mistake me. Ill have a bright red tech t shirt also. :) there was a German man in our camino family in may and he kept calling me 'Mr Irishman' it didn't bother me one bit haha!

Ok, then you should be easy to spot. I'm only half German by the way, the better side of me is Australian. ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This American living in Germany will be leaving from Paris to walk in Spain leaving SJPdP on 22 May. First timer. Whew! 8)

FooteK: you are starting a few days before me. Who knows our paths could cross. Enjoy!

Sonya, I'm sure we will meet up. You are experienced on the Camino and no doubt much younger than I (I'm 61). I don't know what I'll be wearing but I WILL have my Camino Forum patch sewn onto my burnt orange backpack. See you soon.
Kathy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
FooteK said:
This American living in Germany will be leaving from Paris to walk in Spain leaving SJPdP on 22 May. First timer. Whew! 8)

Hi,
I also plan to start my first Camino from SJPdP on May this year. I'll arrive on 22th of May, leaving next morning. Now I realize that I've mistakenly and hurriedly submited the date of 22 as my leaving date! I'll leave my home under date of 22 and that remained on my mind as The Date. :shock:
I apologize for that. May I ask the moderator to change the date for me in the Calendar? Thank you.
So, hope to see you and others on the Way :wink:
Keeping in touch,
S

sempervivum said:
FooteK said:

Hi,
I also plan to start my first Camino from SJPdP on May this year. I'll arrive on 22th of May, leaving next morning. Now I realize that I've mistakenly and hurriedly submited the date of 22 as my leaving date! I'll leave my home under date of 22 and that remained on my mind as The Date. :shock:
I apologize for that. May I ask the moderator to change the date for me in the Calendar? Thank you.
So, hope to see you and others on the Way :wink:
Keeping in touch,
S

Hi sempervivum, I start on May 23 from SJPdP as well! Planning an overnite stay in Orisson. See you on the road. Buen Camino, Lily

Hi there,
We are walking this May from Burgos to Santiago de Compostela, the way you walked last year. How long did you spend walking? Any advice to us as this is our first camino.

pipello said:
Hi there,
We are walking this May from Burgos to Santiago de Compostela, the way you walked last year. How long did you spend walking? Any advice to us as this is our first camino.

Hi Pipello: I think I walked for 22 days. My shoes were creating a lot of difficulty for me (no blisters thankfully, just pain in my feet) at the beginning and i decided that things could continue status quo or I could take a risk and buy new shoes. i opted for the latter, took the train to Leon and bought new shoes. On that day I did not walk the stage. I got to Leon early went shoe shopping and enjoyed the beauty of Leon. It worked out beautifully and no longer did I have feet pain. I used Brierly's book and another guide. In general, I think my average distances were 22-25 km/day. I had a few days walking longer distances. I also had a few days where due to my own physical challenges, I opted to take a taxi for part of the distance and walked a shorter distance vs. the recommended distance by Brierly for that day. You have tons of options. I would recommend that you take a day to just enjoy Leon. I met a number of people who stayed in a small hotel there so they could enjoy touring around and just having a day to relax. Many options I say! Enjoy, sonya

Hello, Lily,

I'm sure we'll see each other on the Way.
I'll try to get to Roncesvalles on the first day.
We'll see... You never know...
S

Hi sempervivum, I start on May 23 from SJPdP as well! Planning an overnite stay in Orisson. See you on the road. Buen Camino, Lily[/quote]

sempervivum said:
Hello, Lily,

I'm sure we'll see each other on the Way.
I'll try to get to Roncesvalles on the first day.
We'll see... You never know...
S

Hi sempervivum, I start on May 23 from SJPdP as well! Planning an overnite stay in Orisson. See you on the road. Buen Camino, Lily
[/quote]

Hey Lily: When I start my walk on the 27th of May, I am also planning to stay in Orisson. I emailed the albergue today to inquire about a bed. Do you have a reservation and I am curious as to how long ago you made it. I just firmed up my departure out of Paris today. Hope I have not left it too late. Buen Camino, sonya

My date if departure is firmed up. I fly from Paris to Biarritz on May 26th and start walking out of SJPP on May 27th. I will walk to Orisson that first day. Exciting!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back