• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello - Pilgrims from Florida arriving in Le Puy on May 6

Todd

Hi there. My wife and I will be starting off from Le Puy on May 7 after checking out the city on the 6. Wondering about where to stay, whether we need to check in with the church to register as legitimate pilgrims, and if any other friendly folks will be there around the same time. Hope to hear back from someone soon!

Todd

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Florida Pilgrims

What a lovely time of the year you have chosen to walk the camino!
There are two pilgrim refuges and many small hotels in St Jean. If you decide to stay at a refuge, you can try hubertarno@espritduchemin.org, website http://www.espritduchemin.org. You can get your credential at Accueil des pelerins de St-Jacques, 39 rue de la Citadelle, St Jean. (This is the main cobbled street that runs through the centre of the old town). You don't need to check in with a church.
If you decide to walk the Route Napoleon and are not really fit, rather take two days from St Jean to Roncesvalles (stop at Hunto or Orisson on the way).
Have a wonderful walk.

Thanks Sil!

That hostel looks great! Can you or anyone else recommend a hostel/gite located in Le Puy for that first night? Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
go to this site: http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/ for a great map of the Camino once you hit St. Jean Pied de Port. Click on each number for a map of the stage (etapa). It shows you altitude, gives up to date info on the Camino trail itself. If you read SPanish you are in luck because it also tells you about the Camino itself..describing that stage, difficulties, etc. It is great. At the end of the Page it will give you albuergue info, address, etc.

Buen Camino. You will need about 18 Euros according to the website above for food and drink each day. That includes hot meals! I've done the last portion 3 times, 200 k's the secnd time, 270 ki's the third time in 03. I leave May 9th to get to Roncesvalles on May 11th, afte spending the night in Pamplona on the 10th (to recover and get a nice hot shower---those will be rare onthe Camino!!)

Buen Camino! Mabel

There is some information, and a list of accommodation, on the Le Puy en Velay tourism website http://www.ot-lepuyenvelay.fr/versionanglaise/siteang/images/arc/j7.html. Some of it seems out of date but it might be of use to you. It does say that pilgrim credentials are available from the Cathedral, so I guess just pop in and speak with one of the priests.

Do you have a guidebook for this part of the Camino? If not, try the tourist centre once you get to Le Puy as they might have some info. Have a look at the CSJ website http://www.csj.org.uk/route-le-puy.htm. And this site give a list of accommodation on the way to St Jean http://www.lacroiseedeschemins.com/setframe/set_03.html

Hi there. My wife and I will be starting off from Le Puy on May 7 after checking out the city on the 6. Wondering about where to stay, whether we need to check in with the church to register as legitimate pilgrims, and if any other friendly folks will be there around the same time. Hope to hear back from someone soon!

Todd
Hi Todd! We may well see you fellow US pilgrims. We also plan to start May 6 from Le Puy!
Em and John from Massachusetts

Todd

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Todd! We may well see you fellow US pilgrims. We also plan to start May 6 from Le Puy!
Em and John from Massachusetts

Hi Em and John from Massachusetts, you have picked up an old thread - Todd walked from Le Puy over 11 years ago ;) (and hasn't been back to the forum since then).
Jill

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back