• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello

• Thread starter Former member 91768
  • Start date
F

Former member 91768

Hi, I actually signed up last October to this forum after being told about it on the camino norte and now I have just got around to say Hi :)

Is there any links or news here or any post's of for upto date news regarding the camino being open to walk etc I have had a look around but could not find any/ upto date news or Mabe I have missed it? . I'm hoping to get to st Jean August.
Any info would be great
Thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi @Scott007
Welcome to the forum

oh Boy - if you type COVID-19 into search box - you will get all the threads we've been messing around with since the whole thing started.....

The current serious one (as we do have some Humorous threads) is COVID-19 Discussion (Round 6) which is where you will find absolutely the latest posts on the situation

Although some things do point to a handful of optimistic progress, the overall consensus is that we are still in for quite a long haul and, as @alexwalker said - noone knows :(

(So...besides welcome to the forum - welcome to "the club" ;))

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi @Scott007
Welcome to the forum

oh Boy - if you type COVID-19 into search box - you will get all the threads we've been messing around with since the whole thing started.....

The current serious one (as we do have some Humorous threads) is COVID-19 Discussion (Round 6) which is where you will find absolutely the latest posts on the situation

Although some things do point to a handful of optimistic progress, the overall consensus is that we are still in for quite a long haul and, as @alexwalker said - noone knows :(

(So...besides welcome to the forum - welcome to "the club" ;))

OK Thanks good to be here 👍

Forgot about the search option. I will take a look at covid 19 thread.

Is there any links or news here or any post's of for upto date news regarding the camino being open to walk etc I have had a look around but could not find any/ upto date news or Mabe I have missed it?
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

There are many threads providing "news" and conjecture on when the camino might be open. As CWBuff mentioned, the search engine is a good idea, as well as that COVID Round 6 thread. You can also click on What's New and then New Posts on the tool bar at the top. You won't have to wait long before you see threads that are constantly being updated.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome from me too @Scott007
So much info here - go for it. Plenty of time right now.
Ps. A good idea to remove your email address from your profile page. If you do want to pass it on to another member in future - you can always use the PM function (private message)/conversation function.

Annie

I like your hello! So, hello back. Enjoy flitting around on the forum. you may be new on the forum, but it looks like you are a seasoned Camino pilgrim. Time to find out all you might ever need to know! 👣👣

Thank you for the replies and welcome!
I will have plenty to read in these strange unreal times.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, I actually signed up last October to this forum after being told about it on the camino norte and now I have just got around to say Hi :)

Is there any links or news here or any post's of for upto date news regarding the camino being open to walk etc I have had a look around but could not find any/ upto date news or Mabe I have missed it? . I'm hoping to get to st Jean August.
Any info would be great
Thanks
I was scheduled to be a volunteer at the Pilgrim Office in SJPP from May 11-18. We were told by the coordinator that all volunteer stints have been cancelled for the remainder of the year. She fully expects things to be shut down for the rest of the year. If Spain gives the word and things open up sooner, they will “wing it” with local people. So even THIS is not definite and carved in stone, but it provides information from a person “in the know.”

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.