• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help ----- Portomarin

Ribeirasacra

Time of past OR future Camino
the highway
We have been contacted by some Germans, who have seemly had difficulty in reserving a place to stay in or near Portomarin.
It seems we are the only ones to have responded to an email from them.
To be honest we are a fair way away from the Camino. So I have two questions.
1) Is there any accommodation that responds to emails in English or German near to Portomarin. The preferred option.
2) If not, does any one know of a taxi that can take 5 persons. I have contacted the local taxi services in Chantada and O Saviano but it there is not one large enough for 5 persons.

I could pick them up and drop them off, but I do not have a licence or insurance for this work and my car is not large enough to take 5 walkers with large backpacks.

Thanks
Ian

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Ian,

Google ''Pousada de Portomarin'' and you will get ways to access this 3 star hotel reservation system.

I stayed in this hotel 4 or 5 years ago and I can tell you it's up to excellent standards, with bilingual personnel at the reception.

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hostal Perez‎
Travesía de Barreiro, 6, 27178 Portomarin, Spain‎ - 982 54 52 18‎

PENSION ARENAS**‎ Plaza Conde de fenosa, 5, 27170 Portomarin, Spain‎ - 982 54 53 86‎

Restaurante Posada Del Camino‎
Calle de Lugo, 1, 27170 Portomarin, Spain‎ - 982 54 50 81‎

Thanks guys and girls...We are now going to phone the contacts, In Spanish to see the availability and pass this on to the Germans. They will also get a link to this forum. :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We have made contact with several locations. One gave one price with either one or two person in a room. The other was better priced. The third one did not answer the phone.
But we have passed on what we have fond out to the group. They obviously have some decisions to make. We will let you all know the out come.

I was saving the suggestion to contact Ivar as a last result.

We are actually friends with the owner of the campsite in Portomarin, he has wooden chalets but these were not available.

We have had an email back for the group of 5. They have thank us ALL for our help. They have decided to still stay with us. They will sort out the transport.

We add our thanks to you too.

Ian

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
humbly, maybe the best help they can get is to refrain from booking accommodation and taxis, in my view.

What sort of pilgrimage is that? there are lots of hiking routes all over, it is a pity that they cannot disconnect from daily life... They are missing a great part of the Camino, in mi opinion.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de PerdĂłn has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back