• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help with Medellin to Merida

Status
Not open for further replies.

peregrina2000

Staff member
[Moderator note: See this thread with updated information addressing this question]

I’m In Medellín and am not sure about tomorrow. The amigos guide says it would be 44 to Merida, but my GPS tracks put it at 40. I’m wondering if this has to do with the Yelbes alternative, which seems to involve a river. Any insights welcome.

I will probably head out early and see how I feel in San Pedro, but if anyone has advice to give, it will fall on eagerly listening ears. Thanks! Buen camino, Laurie

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Laurie. In my notebook I have 44km via San Pedro. We stayed there overnight.
Buen Camino
A&K

Not sure how many km it was but I walked straight to Mérida. I remember waking up that morning and thinking "yes, I can do this!"

If you choose to walk the whole way you will leave Medellín on a Roman bridge and arrive at another Roman bridge at the end of the day:)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Laurie, The river crossing may be a bit dicey. There is an alternative route, from Yelbes to the N- 430 on the east bank of the river. I have attached a screen print from Google Maps. You could try the same trick asking for walking from Medelin to Merida. The track looks almost the same and comes out at 38km via the N-430 and BA-125. Hope this helps
Kevin

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thanks all. I am determined to get to Merida tomorrow, so I will do what you did LT. The woman in the tourist office here told me that virtually everyone goes through Yelbes now since it’s shorter. So I will see how it goes. SanPedro just doesn’t look too appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back