• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi all, I'm new to the board

jacobnoah

Time of past OR future Camino
Oct 2018, Primitivo from Lugo
My name is Jacob and I will be making my very first Camino in October of this year. I plan on following a portion of the Camino Primitivo from Lugo, through San Romao (Roman), to Melide, O Pedrouzo and finally to Santiago. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like? I understand that temperatures will be mild to cool? Is it a rainy part of the year?

Also, I know in the region Galician is spoken widely. Do most people also speak Castellano or English? I am afraid I don't know much in the way of Galician and I don't want to be insulting. Any help would be appreciated.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Jacob!!

With that name .... you have to walk the Camino!!!! :)

The temperature is supposed to be from mild to a little cold, but not too cold, don´t be afraid about that. I would say that probably you will never walk under 10 degrees and most probable you will have days over 20 degrees.

As a normal average, you may have a 30% of the days with mild rain, most probable not any strong storm.

Everyone, speaking about local people, speaks Spanish and Galician. A few people speaks English, but don´t be too optimistic about English. For what are the pilgrims, there you will find a high percentage speaking English. Spanish or both of them.

In Lugo, apart of visiting the city, which is really nice, with a huge Roman fortification, take some drinks with some tapas. It is a great city for that!!! Ask local people where to go!!

Buen Camino & Ultreia!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome to the forum @jacobnoah . We had no problem communicating in either Asturias or Galicia with Castellano learnt in N Argentina. Some folk speak English, but we always tried to use Castellano and the locals appreciate it and help. There was only one place (east of Lugo at Castroverde) where the lady only spoke only Gallego but we could still communicate. Her daughter and husband spoke Castellano.
Lugo is an amazing place and worth looking round before you start your pilgrimage. We have a sello from the cathedral office - almost opposite the west door and up the steps. Open 10.00-14.00 when we were there.
Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.