• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi there!

lkaussie

Hi, I'm an Aussie 50 something female, planning to walk the Camino with my husband prob Aug/Sep 2014. It will be our 30th wedding anniversary on Oct 20th that year and we thought we would complete the Camino Frances, then spend another couple of weeks in Spain, and hopefully celebrate our anniversary somewhere exotic. Super excited to be planning such a trip, have a friend of a friend who has done it a few years back, so will be picking her brain, plus reading through all the posts here. I even just ordered a guidebook, how sad is that!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome to the forum, and the wide wide world of pilgrimages.

I am always touched by couples in long relationships who continue to do things together.
"What else would you do?" you might ask. "It don't come easy"... as the Beatle song goes.

You have lots of time to dream, plan, and walk in preparation.
It will go by all too quickly, and you will shout, "Agh! how did I get here? No turning back!"

Having made the decision to walk the camino, your journey has already started.
The lifes lessons along the way are beautiful, difficult and profound.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the lovely words David! Sure is a long time ahead of us, but hopefully we will arrive well prepared and ready for the challenge.

Hello lkaussie! I too plan to do the Camino Frances Aug/Sept 2014. Believe it or not, even though it's two years away....I am packed and ready to go! Got pack down to less than 15 lbs or roughly 7 kilos:).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Haha, and I thought we were being keen, starting to walk lots already! Haven't thought about a pack, or the stuff to put in it, but kind of makes sense, you can start training with the actual pack and weight that you will eventually walk with. Might see you on the trail, as I think we'll be there during August as well.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ikaussie & CvtMinch Sept/Oct 2014 trekkers here , for our 35 wedding anniversay . SJPdP & forward ... mentally packing now working thru the shoe issues ( she "snickers will be ok on the asphalt"... I " no way Jose.. Hiking shoes only" .. maybe somebody help break the impasse ! :cry:

Happy to make your acquaintences :D

Joe & Laurie

Hi lkaussie, Laurie and Fred! Nice meeting you on the forum and glad to hear I'm not alone planning this far out in advance. I was more or less unsure if I can even handle that much mileage with a 15 pound pack so I thought getting the backpack with everything I plan to take would be most realistic. I do plan to start walking with it on and testing out hiking boots versus trail shoes. I'm thinking the lighter the better:)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343792605.371310.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343792605.371310.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 125
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Cvtminch .. Joe (or Fred) works just fine :) .. hmmm 2 each? boots & sneakers .. seems like your planning to wear out your footwear big time and maybe over compensating some? .. but , maybe it works.

Laurie & I had the privledge this morning to sit down with a gentleman who is a major Trekker ( Steve Cooper-"Six Months Walking the Wilds: Of Western Europe: The Long Way to Santiago" ) who lives close by and he told us that he did take sneakers but only wore them after he arrived at his daily destination. .. He found that injury was more apt to occur to the feet with sneaks .. and he recommends WOOL socks ,, Not Cotton. Interesting .(his book is great btw..highly recommend it)

I see you are going to pack a DirectV channel changer .. good idea , never can tell when your going to bump into a TV setup :lol:

...oops, hit the send button too soon...testing those 2 pairs of shoes (hiking boots versus trail runners) and seeing if my Keen sandals would be with worth taking. They're really heavy. I'll check out that site about that trekker. And yes, you never know when those remote controls are gonna come in handy! Lol

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.