• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

HI TO ALL

Alan & Anne

Hi All,
Thanks for all the information we have obtained by just reading the posts. We have been thinking about doing the hike for a number of years & thought "This IS the time " before the legs fail. We fly out from Sydney on 27 March & into Spain via Barcelona: then bus to Pamploma & Roncesvalles. The first of April (April Fools Day) seems a most suitable date to start the trek.

With laden up packs & poles we have been up before dawn attacking the hills. The neighbours think we are quite mad as they see us arrive back into suburbia ( and they may not be too far wrong ) looking like lost members of a major expedition.

Regards,
Alan & Anne

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello Anne and Alan

Welcome to our on line community of pilgrims, past, present and to come. Congratulations on having your plans in place I am sure you will have a rewarding pilgrimage. As for the neighbours - poor souls have to stay at home!

Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Buen Camino

John

Hi Alan and Anne,
It is hardly any time at all now until you leave this part of the world. (I leave about ten days after you from New Zealand, and time seems to be racing by!)
This evening I made my 22 year old niece, who is staying with me at present, walk around the 'hour' block from my house, while I wore my full pack. Luckily for her, she didn't need to be too embarrassed: it seemed that on a cooler Sunday evening, most neighbours were staying indoors!

All the best for your journey, and I will think of you on April 1st.
Margaret

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Welcome Alan and Anne,
I wish you sunshine, blue skies, hills covered in poppies and all the migrating birds back on their nests. Please be prepared, however, for the possibility of wintery weather. Although it seems that December - February in the northern hemisphere has become decidedly mild these past few years, March and April have become the months most affected by climate change over the last few years with heavy snows as late as May and torrential rains until July. A South African woman walked the first week of April a couple of years ago and had to abandon her camino after suffering from hyperthermia close to Burgos.
Be safe, keep warm, buen camino!

Hi Alan and Anne,
Looks like I'll just be a few days ahead of you. I fly out of Philadelphia on the 25th and plan to begin from Roncesvalles on the 28th (just 2 weeks away)!!!!! It's all becoming very, very real now!
Good luck with all the final preparations.
Arlene

Hi Alan and Anne....welcome to the Class of 2008!

I've been noticing a significant drop in the number of responses to several threads that, up to about three weeks ago were being hit on a regular basis...we spoke about Vino, fantastic foods to find and share...we spoke of the many and varied peregrino legends we may meet and how to keep bed bugs off and our clothes on..except at Finisterre of course.

I think what's happening is that the stalwarts for the past few months are either already on Thier Camino...or so close they can taste the Vinotinto to the point they're already drunk on the expectations of walking the Milky Way.

Please take a look at the Class of 2008 thread and the Calendar at the bottom of the page to see who may be walking the Way with you.

Buen Camino
Arn

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Arn, looks like my daughter and I might be seeing you along the way as we will be starting around April 18-19. do you look like your avatar!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.