• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hoping to walk the Camino in the autumn of 2015 or spring of 2016

SheSeeksTheWay

Time of past OR future Camino
(Camino Francés September? 2020)
Hello,

I'm stopping by to say a quick hello and introduce myself. My name is Elisa and I'm just starting to research what I need to know about the Camino. Not sure if my husband and I can make it in the fall of 2015 or if we'll have to wait until the spring of 2016 (more likely). Like many, I've heard about the Camino de Santiago in the past, but it took seeing the movie "The Way" to actually plan on walking the pilgrimage myself. Our route would probably be from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago. Currently a slow runner with over 10 half and full marathons under my belt and a couple of more in the works. I live in the greater Washington, D.C. area with lots of great hiking opportunities around for training, including the Appalachian Trail.

Because I'm not sure I'll make the walk by 2015, I think I should post to the Class of 2016 thread, but I couldn't find one using the search engine. Does this exist yet? Anyone else possibly going in 2016?

I'll repost my questions in the Class of 2015 thread too.

Elisa

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Elisa: My wife and I have been planning to do the CF in the fall of 2019 (the year I anticipate retiring), but I've started to think of pushing this up to the spring of 2016, when we both turn 60. I just need to convince my wife . So we may be joining the class if 2016....too early to tell for sure. Best of luck with your planning.
Joe

Joe,

Good luck in speeding up the timing of your event! I think all in all that is a good idea. We never know what the future will hold, and in my case, I am not getting any younger. Having children to save for and care for have made this journey an impossibility up to this point, but in another life, I would have planned to do this so, so much earlier!

I've only actively started thinking about it (the last two months) when I bought my husband two guide books about the camino for his Easter basket (yes, we treat Easter like Christmas in our home). It was only an idea at that point, but since then, the more I read about it, the more I am absorbing the process and dissolving my life into the idea of it! All my current cares are weighing heavy and I really want to throw them off and take up the pilgrims staff! The simplicity of the life is very inticing to me. I know it will be hard, but I am not dissuaded by it. I've decided to start my training this summer; concurrently with training for a half marathon in the fall. So the hike training will start out very easy.

Good luck to us both! I'm ready to join the class of 2016 as soon as someone opens it up!

-E

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello,

I'm stopping by to say a quick hello and introduce myself. My name is Elisa and I'm just starting to research what I need to know about the Camino. Not sure if my husband and I can make it in the fall of 2015 or if we'll have to wait until the spring of 2016 (more likely). Like many, I've heard about the Camino de Santiago in the past, but it took seeing the movie "The Way" to actually plan on walking the pilgrimage myself. Our route would probably be from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago. Currently a slow runner with over 10 half and full marathons under my belt and a couple of more in the works. I live in the greater Washington, D.C. area with lots of great hiking opportunities around for training, including the Appalachian Trail.

Because I'm not sure I'll make the walk by 2015, I think I should post to the Class of 2016 thread, but I couldn't find one using the search engine. Does this exist yet? Anyone else possibly going in 2016?

I'll repost my questions in the Class of 2015 thread too.

Elisa
Hi Elisa, my name is Luis. My wife and I have planned to walk the pilgrimage as well starting at St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago. We live in Florida. Hope to keep in touch and meet at el camino.

Thank you Luis. I see you are a member of the Class of 2016 as well. Bienvenidos! I look forward to getting to know my fellow future PEREGRINOS! --Edited because I can't spell pilgrim yet in Spanish!--

Last edited:
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back