• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hospital de Orbigo private accommodation

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Usually I stay in pilgrim albergues. However late November 2014 when walking to Hospital de Orbigo and suddenly stricken with 'Delhi belly' while crossing the famous bridge I needed to find open private accommodation FAST! Luckily the pleasant casa rurale Nuestra Senora de Lourdes was centally located nearby and open that noon!! My comfy single room with breakfast and private bath/loo cost 30 euros. WiFi, homemade meals and a pleasant garden patio for warm weather were also availavle. If you are looking for a private room in Hospital de Orbigo do check out their web-- www.nuestrasenoradelourdes.es.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Usually I stay in pilgrim albergues. However late November 2014 when walking to Hospital de Orbigo and suddenly stricken with 'Delhi belly' while crossing the famous bridge I needed to find open private accommodation FAST! Luckily the pleasant casa rurale Nuestea Senora de Lourdes was centally located nearby and open that noon!! My comfy single room with breakfast and private bath/loo cost 30 euros. WiFi, homemade meals and a pleasant garden pato for warm weather were also availavle. If you are looking for a private room in Hospital de Orbigo do check out their web-- www.nuestrasenoradelourdes.es.
This brought back memories for me, as I stayed here as well, staying an extra day because I was sick with stomach upset. The woman running the casa rurale was very kind, basically nursing me back to health and then sending me on my way. We arrived in the rain, and it felt as though I had found a comforting refuge. I heartily recommend Nuestra Señora de Lourdes to anybody wanting a break from albergues.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for this info, I'm probably going to stay at the Karl Leisner Albergue in a few days but might speak to them about having breakfast in the restraunt.

Mike,

If you stay in the Karl Leisner albergue which is the parish albergue you can make your own breakfast in their handy kitchen. Unfortunately their toilets and showers are off an open patio. Hopefully neither rain nor snow will be a problem.

MM

Loved seeing what this building was like before and after it was restored. Restoring such buildings is quite a craft and Spaniards excel at it. One of my dreams is to buy one and restore it like that.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Mike,

If you stay in the Karl Leisner albergue which is the parish albergue you can make your own breakfast in their handy kitchen. Unfortunately their toilets and showers are off an open patio. Hopefully neither rain nor snow will be a problem.

MM
Thanks for that,I will keep an eye out for places I can buy food for a cooked breakfast.
I passed through last time I was here, but remember sitting in the courtyard for half an hour before I reluctantly made my way to Astorga, some places leave a vivid imprint on your memory. The weather is on the edge of something at the moment so not sure how cold it is going to become, my girlfriend is in Madrid and she said it was mild a day ago but it seems to be changing

Usually I stay in pilgrim albergues. However late November 2014 when walking to Hospital de Orbigo and suddenly stricken with 'Delhi belly' while crossing the famous bridge I needed to find open private accommodation FAST! Luckily the pleasant casa rurale Nuestra Senora de Lourdes was centally located nearby and open that noon!! My comfy single room with breakfast and private bath/loo cost 30 euros. WiFi, homemade meals and a pleasant garden patio for warm weather were also availavle. If you are looking for a private room in Hospital de Orbigo do check out their web-- www.nuestrasenoradelourdes.es.
My farorite alberge in Hospital de Orbigo was Verde. Fantastic place with communal vegetarian meal. Yoga class with Mincho, the owner, if you want.

Thanks for that,I will keep an eye out for places I can buy food for a cooked breakfast.
I passed through last time I was here, but remember sitting in the courtyard for half an hour before I reluctantly made my way to Astorga, some places leave a vivid imprint on your memory. The weather is on the edge of something at the moment so not sure how cold it is going to become, my girlfriend is in Madrid and she said it was mild a day ago but it seems to be changing
Mike, in Hospital you can buy some basic food in small mercado on main street, on the left side some 15mts from the church.
Ultreia!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I just checked Rebekah's winter list and the A Verde is closed from the 1/1 which is the day I fly into Madrid, I arrive in Leon on the 4/1 and should get in to Hospital de O on the 6th.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back