• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

For Sale/Wanted Top Albergue of the French Way for Sale in Hospital de Orbigo

arturo garcia

Pilgrim/Hospitalero/Mountain guide/Photographer
Time of past OR future Camino
French way (Dic. 2012), Portuguese way (Dic.2013) and now living on the Camino.
Albergue San Miguel in Hospital de Orbigo is going for Sale for personal reasons ( Is a private Albergue dedicated to Art and Painting) this albergue is located in the French way, in a beautiful town between Leon and Astorga. For Serious inquiries please contact: alberguesanmiguel@gmail.com . Full assistance will be given about regulations, professional procedures and way to manage it perfectly like we have been doing it for 19 years. One of the top ten albergues of the French Way according to GRONZE in 2018.

Foto 20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Arturo - you breaking my heart!
After your EXTREMELY Great Hospitality in June of last year (and following that up a kind deed of sending the stuff I left behind to my next Albergue) all I could do is sing praises to you and the place to all of my friends who are considering The Camino in the near future.
I myself have another "go-at-it" planning in 3 years and it was never a question in my mind as to where I was going to stop on that stage.
I hope the "personal reasons' you are mentioning are not life-threatening and could be adequately overcome perhaps in due time
Good Luck and BUEN CAMINO! ❤️🙏

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Arturo - so sorry to hear that you are selling your beautiful albergue. You made our multiple stays there most enjoyable just by providing such a calm and restful atmosphere. It became one of our favourite albergues. And - the lower bunks are spacious enough that we could sit without twisting our necks or bumping our heads on the upper bunk ! If we hear of anyone looking to buy a lovely albergue we’ll think of you.

What a joy it was to experience your hospitality Arturo and Piera! I am sad to hear this news but all the best to you both as you move on. If I should hear of anyone interested in purchasing the albergue, I will have them contact you. Buen Camino!

What a joy it was to experience your hospitality Arturo and Piera! I am sad to hear this news but all the best to you both as you move on. If I should hear of anyone interested in purchasing the albergue, I will have them contact you. Buen Camino!
Thanks very much Laurie! Really appreciate that, your gift, your bracelet still in my wrist and in our next part of the camino of life. Namaste

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Arturo - so sorry to hear that you are selling your beautiful albergue. You made our multiple stays there most enjoyable just by providing such a calm and restful atmosphere. It became one of our favourite albergues. And - the lower bunks are spacious enough that we could sit without twisting our necks or bumping our heads on the upper bunk ! If we hear of anyone looking to buy a lovely albergue we’ll think of you.
Ohhh Lilly! Our hearts are with all of you and all of yours with us. Albergue San Miguel will continue giving such an unique experience on the Camino. Hugs!

What a beautiful place you have. I am sorry now that we didn't stay in Hospital de Orbigo last year. I would have loved to paint there. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Thanks very much! This albergue will wait to host you on your next Camino and you will leave a little part of your heart here for the rest of the pilgrims. Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
One of the favourite places I stayed last year, I hope whoever takes it on can match your dedication in providing it (and your patience and calmness in dealing with 'difficult' pilgrims that I saw in action)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Albergue San Miguel in Hospital de Orbigo is going for Sale for personal reasons ( Is a private Albergue dedicated to Art and Painting) this albergue is located in the French way, in a beautiful town between Leon and Astorga. For Serious inquiries please contact: alberguesanmiguel@gmail.com . Full assistance will be given about regulations, professional procedures and way to manage it perfectly like we have been doing it for 19 years. One of the top ten albergues of the French Way according to GRONZE in 2018.

San Miguel was definitely a highlight on our Camino in the Fall of 2019! Thank you and God bless with what your future holds!
Buen Camino! Edith

Stayed there many many years ago. I called it the "Hilton of the Camino" Wonderful place. Wishing a sale to kind people as yourselves

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sad to hear. One of the best experience on my CF in 2019.
Hope that there will be a good soul to manage that special albergue.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This makes me sad. I hope someone with the same kind of spirit can be found to run the place.
Ohh Rebecca, coming from you, will all my respect for you, this water my eyes. I offer our humble experience to all the people who need it, regarding the managing of one private albergue like this, in case someone need it in the future. For sure, we'll meet on the Camino again. We are all pilgrims, all seekers. Warm hugs.

Did you got into it? Hugs!
Hello, I shared the link to this forum page with my brother who I thought might be interested. He thought it looked like a great opportunity, but it's not something he is prepared to do at this time. Best of luck to you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Dear Arturo, we stayed in your albergue in September 2021. I enjoyed conversation we had. Staying with you was a highlight of Camino during corona times. Wish you and family all the best. Vida from Slovenia

I stayed here this September. I feel privileged I got the chance while you still owned it, Arturo. What a wonderful welcome you gave me. I wish you joy in whatever comes next for you.

I stayed here this September. I feel privileged I got the chance while you still owned it, Arturo. What a wonderful welcome you gave me. I wish you joy in whatever comes next for you.
Thanks very much! We´ll see on the Camino again. Talk with the confraternity of pilgrims from Canada, maybe be have a surprise!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Stayed there many many years ago. I called it the "Hilton of the Camino" Wonderful place. Wishing a sale to kind people as yourselves
Warm hugs from Piera & me! Buen Camino!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back