• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hostal La Salle

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

The Hostal La Salle, Tras de Santa Clara, is just out of the cathedral area of Santiago, about half way to the bus station.

Single €30/35 (low season/high season). High season is July 1 to September 30 and Easter week, March 26-April 4, 2010. Double €49/58.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I can vouch for Hostal La Salle. We stayed there two different years after our caminos. The staff is lovely and helpful. There is a laundry and ironing board there, and the neighborhood is great with its own collection of bars and restaurants. A nice walk (1.3 km) to the cathedral.

lynne

Re: other possibilities, I am a great fan of the Hostal Alameda which is a stone's throw from the Cathedral on San Clemente. Very pilgrim friendly at 22 euros for a single and around 40 up from doubles and triples. Ask for Antonio. The Hostal Suso (similar rates) on Rua do Vilar is a pilgrim institution and opposite a very nice bookshop.
Tracy Saunders
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello

I stayed at the Hostal la Salle Oct 2008 and was pleased with it. It was quiet, clean and the desk people were friendly and spoke English. It was a few minutes from the Cathedral square and an easy walk to the bus stattion when I left. I would certainly go back.

John

Most read last week in this forum