• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hostals / private albergues in Porriño?

shc

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues (2013)
Hi there,
New to the forum here. I'll be walking the last stretch from Tui at the end of August with my children. I suspect the public albergues will be quite crowded, so I was wondering if anyone has stayed in private accommodations that they would recommend in Porriño? This will be our first stop after Tui. Thanks in advance for any info!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi there,
I can't tell you about private accommodations-- I did not stop in Porrino. I also walked from Tui and kept going to Mos and stayed at the Albergue there. It makes for a long day at 24km through the challenging city of Porrino, but worth it in the end. Mos is small and the Albergue only holds 15 but a nice spot.

I stayed in O Porriño this year, and if there is any private Albergues, they are not known or indicated.

I've searched for any other informations online, and I didn't find anything.

Porriño has a very reasonable capacity, and I think that you will still find a place in there.

Best Regards
Diogo

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In December 2011 I stayed at the municipal albergue which has 50 spaces in O Porrino on the Avenida de Buenos Aires, but ate a very tasty menu de dia in Maracaibo Porriño, a small pension/restaurant at nearby Calle de Manuel Rodríguez, 50. The food, inexpensive price and welcome were great; I did not see their rooms. Their telephone is +34 986 33 09 01

By the way it is a LONG slog between Tui and O Porrino through a hilly, dense wood and along much industrialization. BE PREPARED.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Thank you for all the tips! We will be walking with children, so we will need to stop in Porriño. I will check the hotels also.

@mspath: Thank you for the heads up on the distance and terrain. I appreciate it!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Correction: I bailed out at the Restaurante Orbenlle, which is only about half way to O Porrino. They do not list "rooms" as being available, but they are! The food was good and the room comfortable.

Restaurante Orbenlle
Orbenlle, 27 - Budiño
36475 O Porriño, Pontevedra, Spain
+34 646 07 25 62

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=restaura ... 09,,0,4.11

Hi shc!

Welcome to the Forum!

You will find much helpful information here as you plan your family's Camino. Past pilgrims who are Forum members are always eager to share their experiences and advice.

In December 2011 after finishing the CF I continued to Finisterre, per usual, and then walked to the Portuguese border at Tui. This involved going " backward " along the Camino Portuguese from Santiago. To go backward is more complicated than you might think; since this path is hardly well marked, searching for the famous yellow arrows pointing opposite my direction wasn't easy. Viewed backwards the arrows resembled anchors. Thus it all was a bit of a treasure hunt!

These three webs provided helpful info regarding that route.
http://camino.xacobeo.es/en/routes/portuguese-way
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es./lo ... portugues/
http://camino.xacobeo.es/caminos/camino-portugues

Also here is a Google map which I mashed to combine the Galician route taken from Xacobeo Galicia in green with where I stayed in blue. You might use this in Google satellite mode to zoom and see the terrain. http://goo.gl/maps/jeA6V

Happy travels,

Margaret Meredith

In Porriño we stayed in hotel Parque just in the center (may 2013)
Expensive (due to what you are used to during the caminho Portuges)
Comfortable rooms but a bad breakfast and non interested staff
Better find another hotel !

Als u mij een privatemessage stuurt kan ik nog wel wat tips geven per email.

Mijn vrouw en ik liepen vanaf Lissabon in mei en juni j.l.

Bom caminho !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Has anyone tried to avoid the Poligono Industrial road section ? Looks as though might be possible to walk behind the industrial units on the left ? And thus see rather more trees and greenery, delightful and important though the PI is !

stevenjarvis, I think that the concerns about the walk through the Poligono Industrial it's a little bit overrated. I've done it this year and it wasn't so hard has that. People tend to say that it's to big and that, but for what I've seen on my guide it's only 3,7km, so it's not so big has that. The only problem that I find walking near the Poligono, was that the restaurants near the road see pilgrims has tourists, and charge a lot of money for meals. I remember that for 3 persons, we have paid 36€ for soup + main course + bread + drinks.

And I'm not seeing any other alternatives for going behind the Poligono.

Best Regards
Diogo

Last edited:
Hi Diogo, thanks for your reply. I should have said, I walked this in 2004 and in June this year, and enjoyed the experience.... and you're right it's only a short section. However, next time I'm there ( fingers crossed sometime soon !) I'll try one of those tracks that seem to go behind the industrial units. If you read of my arrest please come visit me in prison !

Having said that, I discovered a thread here http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/alternative-route-tui-redondela.14406/ where people praise the area, and the huge Citroen car park, and I share many of the sentiments about enjoying the different terrain we walk through on our pilgrimages. I would happily walk back and forth from Tui to Santiago de Compostela in rain or shine anytime !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hehehe, you will not go to prison, I'm sure :p

I will try to see next year that route. Probably the best way to do it it's to send an email to Espaço Xacobeano, so they could give us more information’s. The thing about the Caminho Português, and it's marking, it's that it was made concerning a book written from a Pilgrim that went from Lisbon to Santiago in the 16th century (if I'm not wrong). And that’s why the Caminho Português doesn't pass in Fatima, but in Tomar, because on those days, Fatima was just a local, and Tomar it's one of the most important cities for the religious orders in Portugal.

If you pass there before May, send me some instructions about it ;)

Best Regards
Diogo

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back