• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

hostels on camino del norte

megs 52

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk the camino in june 2015
Does anyone know where i can find a list of pilgrim hostels and pensions along this route thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ask your question at the camino del Norte subforum instead of the camino Inglès !
You'll definitively will get more reactions from pilgrims who walked the camino del Norte.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are now many paper guides available that will give you some of these, or just google with the towns you plan to walk by or stay in.

Does anyone know where i can find a list of pilgrim hostels and pensions along this route thanks
I'm on the Norte now, and I find that there are huge holes in the information available to me. However, someone on the Forum posted some of her favorites, and I'm staying at one right now. Casa Carmina in Muros de Nalón. Wonderful private albergue, with a huge yard, and very friendly family running it.

Also, yesterday I was at Aviles, but the centrally located albergue is closed for renovations. I'd suggest you use many sources for your info. The Norte information is not anywhere NEAR as correct as something like the Brierley book for the Frances. I've been using some pensions as well, and there are some good ones for a reasonable price. And then there are some really mediocre ones for a reasonable price . . . If I weren't exhausted after today's walk, I'd list more. The Gronze list of towns is pretty good, but is not always accurate re the albergues. Buen Camino.

What are you using that is not giving you all the information you need?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I just finished the camino del norte a week ago on bike. I never used any guides, just my gps on my phone to get through it. I tried to stay in an albergue like once or twice, but they were usually full (and quite smelly). I always found pensions super easy and they were usually around $30 euros a night and because of the low season, always had rooms available even when I was showing up around 6-7pm every night. I stayed in the monastery in Mondoñedo and Sobrado, other than that, I found it pretty simple to find a place. In Santiago, within 5 minutes or arriving to the cathedral, I had 3 different people come up to me asking me if I needed a place to stay. The Camino provides. I honestly have no idea how anyone who doesn't speak any Spanish can do this, because I don't think many Spaniards on the camino speak English.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have worked my way on gronze without anything more than BASIC knowledge of Spanish (you know, Si and No and Por Favor...), planning my stages from Irun to Bilbao. I used google translate, and after a while you will get the hang of the most common words. I found the site a really good tool for planning. When it comes to actually walking and communicating on the Camino, time will show how I will manage :)

Not long finished myself Irun to Bilbao....found it tough (up and down) compared to more popular Camino.....pretty quiet tbh (although I didnt stay in Albergues) met maybe 15-20 pilgrims across 7/8 days (Mostly Spanish, the odd American a couple of Dutch people and one or two French).....mostly kept themselves to themselves though....

Have to put in a recommendation for the private Albergue, Solar de Hidalgos in Santillana Del Mar. Last night we paid €10 each to be in the municipal Albergue in Santander, which was awful. Tonight we are in Solar de Hidalgos. It is beautiful. We are in a room for four with our own ensuite. The hosts are wonderful and we are only paying €15 each. Highly recommended.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Have to put in a recommendation for the private Albergue, Solar de Hidalgos in Santillana Del Mar. Last night we paid €10 each to be in the municipal Albergue in Santander, which was awful. Tonight we are in Solar de Hidalgos. It is beautiful. We are in a room for four with our own ensuite. The hosts are wonderful and we are only paying €15 each. Highly recommended.
I second that recommendation, the building is out of a fairytale. I paid 10€ last fall, plis 4€ for breakfast, and that I do not recomend: 2 slices of commercial break and a weak coffee. But the bathrooms are super luxurious!

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Hi! I’m a Camino newbie planning on walking Camino del Norte this May-June. I have previous hiking experience and do well on longer distances and so on, but not any super recent multi day long...
I’m on day 2 of the CDN and I’m just blown away by the views. Day 1 Irun to San Sebastián, day 2 San Sebastián to Askizu Buen Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.