• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to get from Bilbao to St. Jean-Pied- de Port

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What is the best way to travel from Bilbao to St. Jean-Pied- de Port
Hi there,
The first step is to travel from Bilbao to Bayonne by bus (bus company PESA : www.pesa.net )

then once you get to Bayonne you can simply get the train to St Jean (Line 62)

Another option from Bayonne to St Jean is to get a taxi using the company Express Bourricot ( www.expressbourricot.com ) .The company will try their best to get someone to share the taxi with you thus reducing the cost of the taxi fare significantly !!

Regards,

Peadar

Attachments

• Bilbao to Bayonne bus #2.pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Bayonne to St Jean.pdf
    382.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Bayonne to St Jean.pdf
    382.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Bilbao to Bayonne bus #2.pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 16
I have flight to Bilbao i may, and have booked bus to Pamplona (2 hours), and then bus or taxi the last step to SJPdP.

Bilbao to Pamplona
http://www.autobuseslaunion.com/en/index.asp
(07:00, 10:00, 13:00, 15:30, 18:00, 20:30)- to hours ride
Price 14:75 Euro

Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port.
http://www.alsa.es/en/buy-and-schedules/international/?searchType=international
(17:30)
Price 20 Euro

Alt.....Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port
Sharetaxi
http://taxipamplona.com/comparte_en.php

Britt, velkommen til forumet

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Bilbao Airport local bus to Bilbao Termibus. Termibus is co-located with San Mames station. PESA bus Termibus to Place de Basques Bayonne or Euskotren San Mames to Hendaye France. SNCF train Hendaye to Gare Bayonne or ATCRB bus to Place de Basques Bayonne. Chronoplus bus from Place de Basques to Gare Bayonne. SNCF train Bayonne to SJPdP.

PESA bus option is probably easiest but runs only twice daily.

SNCF train from Hendaye is preferable to ATCRB bus but runs less frequently.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back