• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to transfer Wise Pilgrim app to new phone

IMLiege

Time of past OR future Camino
First Camino August 2023
I have the Wise Pilgrim app on a Samsung Galaxy and I want to transfer it to an iPhone I recently bought. Is there any way to do that and avoid having to buy the app again? I tried the Wise Pilgrim app website but there's no support or contact option, nor is there in the app. Has anyone done this?

Thanks
-Rich

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I don't know, since I have never tried to transfer an app to a phone on a different platform. Hopefully @wisepilgrim will weigh in to let you know if it's possible. You can also send him a private message here on the forum by clicking on his user name in this post, then click "start conversation."

Thanks, for other apps that I've purchased they are tied to an email address so I just need to download and log in. The Wise Pilgrim app has to be paid for to download and install, so I don't know how that works. I'll PM him

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm here! Very pre-occupied documenting the destruction of the Camino Portugués but here.

If your new phone is on the same platform, it should be as simple as tapping install in the store. If you are switching from iOS to android there is no automatic way. I am happy to send some free codes to you but it may take some days to get to it.

I moved from Samsung to iPhone but will probably move back again next year. No worries, not a problem. I'm not going back to the Camino any time soon and if/when I do I'll just get another copy of the app. It's a small cost compared to the its value on the journey.

I'm going to reset my Samsung because of other issues so nothing will be left behind, hopefully. (Google Assistant is driving me crazy.)

Thanks for the offer but I'll just wait for the next Camino. :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm here! Very pre-occupied documenting the destruction of the Camino Portugués but here.

If your new phone is on the same platform, it should be as simple as tapping install in the store. If you are switching from iOS to android there is no automatic way. I am happy to send some free codes to you but it may take some days to get to it.
Intrigued by your comment re destruction of Camino Portuguese as I am starting from Lisbon in 2024, where can I find out more ?

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.