A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

How to transport own bike back to home?

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

Liisafromfinland

Camino(s) past & future
Done: France 2016, Portuges 2017, Fisterra 2017. Plan: de la Plata 2018.
Dear Camino family, Planning to do my next Camino by bike from Pamplona to Santiago. At this point My target is to buy (not to rent) a bike in Pamplona and transport it with me by plane back to home. Does anyone know if I have to pack it already in Santiago to get it on the train to Madrid? If yes, what is the most Handy way to do it? I suppouse that at Madrid airport there is a plastic packing service
- but does it still excist?

Kat Kostrzewska

Online guide https://caminodesantiagobybike.co.uk
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018), Via Tolosana (2012) Camino Norte (2014)
They transport bikes back to Sweden and Norway, check if they are ok with Finland as well. Drop them an e-mail and if they don't we will find other way.

David

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
also, you can go into any bike shop and ask them to dismantle and pack your bike into a bike box - they always have loads of empty bike boxes from deliveries - just a few Euros.

Liisafromfinland

Camino(s) past & future
Done: France 2016, Portuges 2017, Fisterra 2017. Plan: de la Plata 2018.
Thank you for your help. Velocipedo has service that meets my needs and they promised to do Finland too.

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Member of the Lycra tribe.
CF (2017/8), VF (2018/9), CP (2020)
Just down from the Cathedral in Santiago is the Correos office. They have boxes and sent mine back to the UK. They can do the same for most countries.

Alternatively, Decathon sell a bike bag for about €50 and you can fly it back within Europe for another €50.

Calle República del Salvador,31-33 ,Santiago de Compostela
Have done both boxed and bagged.

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
I used the cycle shop that Ivar mentions back in 2015. They advised me about getting it clean (there is a service station about 1 or 2 km from the shop - they will mark it on your map). They provide a boxing services and a transport back to Madrid. I needed a hotel (or other suitable location) to receive the package. If you intend to send it further then you will need to arrange it. Cheers

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%