• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hypothetical

s. brown

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy 2015
Let's say a person was going to walk the Le Puy route for three weeks and they get as far as Conques. How would one get from Conques to Logrono, using buses, trains, etc., if one was interested in trying tapas and local wines before one had to go home? How far is it and how long would it take to get there? I really want to try tapas but I don't expect I'll get out of France in the length of time I have. Thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'd head for the northeast coast of Spain above Barcelona, depending on the time of year. Get to Rodez and take the train.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It's not very easy, and you'd have to research the bus/train schedules for two countries before co-ordinating arrivals/departures etc. It is likely to take up two days of your precious three weeks

On second thought, wait until you get to Spain the next time. The tapas will still be there.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Well, you are probably to win the "2014's most enthusiastic tapas fan". There is a loooong way from Conques to Logroño. Besides, Conques is a quite isolated and out of the way village. You will need to go the nearer train station -this being probably Decazeville- then ask for the shorter option. Anyway, this will require two or three connections.
Another option is to try the nearer French big city -Toulouse or Bordeaux. Don't know about the latter, but in Toulouse you can go to "·El borriquito loco" ("the Crazy Little Donkey"), rue Paradoux, 25, very popular with young people.
Buen camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well, you are probably to win the "2014's most enthusiastic tapas fan". There is a loooong way from Conques to Logroño. Besides, Conques is a quite isolated and out of the way village. You will need to go the nearer train station -this being probably Decazeville- then ask for the shorter option. Anyway, this will require two or three connections.
Another option is to try the nearer French big city -Toulouse or Bordeaux. Don't know about the latter, but in Toulouse you can go to "·El borriquito loco" ("the Crazy Little Donkey"), rue Paradoux, 25, very popular with young people.
Buen camino!
Thanks, Felipe. I guess it is too unrealistic to try to get to Logrono when one has time limits, but maybe Toulouse.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Can anyone tell me if food is available there… anyone stayed recently? Cheers

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back