• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hypothetical meeting

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
delete as required - Great idea Vicrev, imagine the NOISE ! I said, imagine the......

When.......did you walk, leave, arrive , stop taking your medication, are you returning, ever going to stop talking about it ?
Which .... Camino, route, variation , backpack, App, iphone, poncho, bedbug spray did you prefer ?
Why did you walk, leave your husband in Leon, use Duck Tape on your blisters, fall over ?
Where are you from, did you stay, are you going, is the Albergue , is your/my wife?
Who did you meet, posted bail for you, took your underwear ?
How .... did you walk, leave, arrive, first hear of the Camino, did you fit your packing (ego, toaster, Cpap, expresso machine) in such a small backpack ?

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If all the members of this Forum met, in a large venue, what do you think would be the topic of conversation ( apart from the obvious the Camino )..........this is meant to be just a bit of fun,not serious.......:)...........Vicrev

"What!?,?!".............. " You can't for one moment be serious!!!".................., " Do you really expect us to believe that you came on your Camino without an electric coil"???????

"What!?,?!".............. " You can't for one moment be serious!!!".................., " Do you really expect us to believe that you came on your Camino without an electric coil"???????

I know. You want one too. :)
Don't just dream about it. Get one! And join the club. Don't be shy... You can do it!

Eight posts so far in this thread and three votes for the electric coil!
:)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
yea... but we love being silly. :)

Would we need to have moderators just in case things got too silly, or to wind us up if we slowed down too much. Also would we have to have name badges or buffs with our avatar printed on them so that we knew who we were talking to, and would falcon have to give Johnnie Walker another like when he was bought a toddy at the bar. Oh and would the wine be free?

All messing aside I would love to meet some forum members on the Camino. I sported my Camino badge on my pack this year for the Sarria leg but met no one, but I then had the pleasure of meeting Madidi in the pilgrim office along with Hazel whom I had walked with last year, how great was that.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Since we are a global community ...

"The silly season " .... ( I guess this could a topic of discussion too)

Other countries have comparable periods, for example the Sommerloch ("summer [news]hole") in Germany; French has la morte-saison ("the dead season" or "the dull season"), and Swedish has nyhetstorka ("news drought").

In many languages, the name for the silly season references cucumbers (more precisely: gherkins or pickled cucumbers). Komkommertijd in Dutch, Danish agurketid, Icelandic gúrkutíð, Norwegian agurktid (a piece of news is called agurknytt or agurknyhet, i.e., "cucumber news"), Czech okurková sezóna, Slovak uhorková sezóna, Polish Sezon ogórkowy, Hungarian uborkaszezon, Hebrew עונת המלפפונים (season of the cucumbers, pronounced Onat Ha'melafefonim) and Estonian hapukurgihooaeg all mean "cucumber time" or "cucumber season". The corresponding German term is Sauregurkenzeit ("pickled cucumber season"); the same term is also used in Slovene as čas kislih kumaric.

The term "cucumber time" was also used in England in the 1800s to denote the slow season for tailors.
A silly season news item is called rötmånadshistoria in Sweden and mätäkuun juttu in Finland, both literally meaning "rotting-month story".

And in Spain ...

In Spain the term serpiente de verano ("summer snake") is often used, not for the season, but for the news items. The term is a reference to the Loch Ness Monster and similar creatures, who are reputed to get more headlines in summer.

Via Wikipedia ...

I had a nightmare last night,around the perimeter of the venue,were all the faction groups.....Coil Club... Bike Club...Dog club...No Dog Club...Pacer Pole Club...Christian Club...Pagan Club...Medical Club...Hat Club...No hat Club...Camping Club...Bedbugzzz Club...GPS Club... Santiago My Way Club & others who sent their apologies for not attending,because the are out training for their next Camino,or, are doing a Camino now........The end of the evening highlight was me,in stocks,in the middle of the floor,having rotten fruit etc thrown at me...........Iv'e just told a lie, I didn't dream this at all,it is the silly season after all...... ;).........keep smiling.........Vicrev

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi VicRev -
It would have to be a CONFERENCE (in Santiago of course!) ... one of those multi-day affairs where all the factions you so cheekily list above have their turn in running workshops!
The dinners would be fabulous - exclusively Galician cuisine with the highlight being our beloved Santiago Tart! Tinto, Albarino and Cava flowing ... can it get any better than this?
The disco would be a hoot - everyone doing their 'moves' but please - no karaoke - we'd all be fighting wanting to get to the mike to sing "My Way"!
Cheers - Jenny
PS - May I say that this has been a totally wonderful week on The Forum - so much goodwill and sharing in our Forum community - thanks to everyone who's contributed this week.

I volunteer as the conference statistician, so be prepared to give me your age, country of origin, profession and whether you attended the meeting for religious/religious and other/other reasons. The real fun and games would only start in year 2 when we would compare attendance with the previous year and come up with completely unsubstantiated explanations for any changes. :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And then somebody would grab the microphone & say " We need a Constitution"........"We need Officebearers"...:eek:.......now,here's a curly one,what would the constitution be & who would be the officebearers to represent the various clubs??(tyrrek has graciously volunteered for the position of Combined Clubs Statistition ,Ivar would obviously be the President)....................Il'l start the constitution rules off Number 1 # 15 minutes laughter every day...............I'm going to post this bit of rot, because it's still the silly season..........;)...........Vicrev

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Vicrev I Quote you: It,s a kilt !!! !.............

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If all the members of this Forum met, in a large venue, what do you think would be the topic of conversation ( apart from the obvious the Camino )..........this is meant to be just a bit of fun,not serious.......:)...........Vicrev

Vicrev I'm afraid that such a meeting wouldn't last very long. Lets be realistic it would soon degenerate into a series of 'Flash Caminos' (come on we've arrived in Spain and we're not going to walk......?) with impassioned advocates proselytising on the benefits of their favourite route and then heading off with herds of eager converts/pilgrims for a practical demonstration of same.....
The person with the most 'likes' might be awarded a trophy (real not cyber);)

Last edited:
I like Venue's but first ,will there be any refreshments? Diet soda please,I'm diabetic. Can I bring a friend/spouse/children or is it just for Caminoists? How do I get there (Flight , Bus, Train , Cab, horse, bike?) it's in 2014 right?.. I hear the best time for venue's is May/June .. or is it Sept/Oct ? Hope it isn't to hot . Are flip flops ok or do I need ankle supported shoes( Step ups , etc) . Would knowing how to speak Spanish , French, Dutch,German,Japanese, Korian, English, help? Will there be a wine fountain or is it BYOB ? Looking forward to coming! .. But what does one wear @ venues? One pair of socks will be ok won't it? Wool?.. then theres the ............ :)

Last edited:
Oh come on - it has to be Crocs as it's obviously an occasion for 'leisure wear' and that sarong too while everyone who doesn't know better tucks into the Pilgrim meal and the others on the 'Premium Pilgrim' tour eat the delicious Menu del Dia.....

Surely we won't be "all in the same room" we will be en mass? Will security let us in with our backpack and poles? Is there left luggage lockers? Is there secure storage for the bikes? What if we arrive before the hospitaleros? Does it continue after 10 and if so are the doors locked at 10? Is entrance donativo? Is there a time before which you are not allowed to leave? Do have to have walked 100K to get there? Where do I get the convention credential? Are Vegans catered for? Is there a vegetarian option? Is it fancy dress? (If so can I come as Indiana Jones as that way I can just wear my technical stuff). Is there an anthem I have to learn to sing - maybe "These boots were made for walking" by Nancy Sinatra)? Is there a kitchen and if so are there cooking utensils? Will there be a laundrette?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Two entrances? One with a sign saying 'pilgrims' and the other with a sign saying 'real pilgrims' .... and then, even though both go into the same party, watch the arguments outside?

Oh come on - it has to be Crocs as it's obviously an occasion for 'leisure wear' .....
Aussie delegates will be wearing these ... light in the backpack and useful in albergue bathrooms pre-occasion, with the added advantage that 'trophy blisters' can be proudly displayed!
aust%20flag%20thongs.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I dont think anyone would be able to reach the buffet table for the piles of litter in the way........

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi pilgrim b -
I have it on good authority that it has to be "BYO"("Bring Your Own" as we say here in Australia!) plates, knives, forks, sporks at the buffets ... let's see who's got the snazziest!

Oh no that means more of those cockroaches and kangaroo testicles I just couldn't face it!!!!!

Get me out of here!!!!!!!!

Oh no that means more of those cockroaches and kangaroo testicles I just couldn't face it!!!!!

Get me out of here!!!!!!!!
pilgrim b! Now, now! You're talking about two of our Aussie faves here! They're National Treasures of the gourmet cuisine kind !!!
BTW - You could slip them both into the caldo gallego and no one (except us and Vicrev!) would notice!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
pilgrim b! Now, now! You're talking about two of our Aussie faves here! They're National Treasures of the gourmet cuisine kind !!!
BTW - You could slip them both into the caldo gallego and no one (except us and Vicrev!) would notice!
Having thought about it JennyH94, if I declined the caldo gallego and then slipped them into the pan what a good idea; but………….. no oo it probably would still bring a lump into my throat!!!

Last edited:
Having thought about it JennyH94, if I declined the caldo gallego and then slipped them into the pan what a good idea; but………….. no oo it probably would still bring a lump into my throat!!!
Could I please watch you be the "Official Taster" ... I'll be the one hiding behind a very large camera!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
nellpilgrim said: …and as for the toilets attachFull6871

Don't forget your buffs. :rolleyes:

And I ordered three, with the graffiti wall at Leon printed on them , So that's what there for!:rolleyes:

And the robots can any one dance with them or only Ivar and vicrev ????

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Bed Bugs!

I must admit that is probably the one single topic that has probably survived throughout the centuries people have been doing pilgrimages.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.