• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I just have time for only for 115km

FNDO11

Time of past OR future Camino
APRIL 27- APRIL 30
Hello,

I'm planing to be in Spain at the end of April and I would like to do part of El camino and I have 4 days tops . I know I will be missing a lot but I know thats all I have . Planing to start El camino on April 26 from and Finish by April 30th ... Any advise to where to start?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Given that you really only have time for a 'little taste', from my perspective (and I'm sure that others will have other perspectives...:), I suggest you go to SJPdP and walk through to Pamplona.
You could easily cover more Km than I'm suggesting in the time you have allowed, but by setting yourself a fairly modest target you'll have the time to have a look around SJPdP, stop for the night in Orisson, Roncesvalles or Burguette, Zubiri & Pamplona, and have time to soak up the joys of Pamplona with any time you have left over.
Pamplona will also give you plenty of options for your transit to whoever it is you need to be after that.
My advice to anyone who'll listen is to go a bit slower and enjoy the journey rather than race to get the distance covered.
Happy walking...

I can easily agree with the previous reply, while adding that if a compostela is sought, you might consider starting from the absolutely beautiful and historic city of Lugo and walk to Santiago from there, being just over 100km.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello,

I'm planing to be in Spain at the end of April and I would like to do part of El camino and I have 4 days tops . I know I will be missing a lot but I know thats all I have . Planing to start El camino on April 26 from and Finish by April 30th ... Any advise to where to start?

walking into santiago is special (assuming you haven't already), are you sure you do not want to do this. on the portuguese camino you could start in tui if you are trying to avoid the last stages of the french camino

also, 115 kmin 4 days sounds brutal, in my book at least. perhaps consider notching down to a 100 and having another coffee at that wonderful café...

Logrono to Burgos is about 125 km. Brierley's guide has it as a 5 day walk but perhaps you could do it faster. I mention this though because these cities are probably easy for you to arrange transportation to/from. Or perhaps bus/taxi a bit closer to Burgos from Logrono.

Or how about Santiago to Finisterre and/or Muxcia. Choose the ending that has the best connection back to Santiago.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
So many opinions! I love Galicia and would suggest the Camino Inglés from Ferrol (118 km) or A Coruña (75 km) or the Camino Portuguese from Tui (115 km) to Santiago de Compostela. Of course Santiago to Muxia to Finisterre is beautiful too at 118 km!

Start in Sarria.
The last 100k of the Frances seems to get too much negative press on this forum. It's not that bad. Yes, it is the most popular and it does have the most pilgrims, but so what. It's all good, and it does have the most logistics.
One thing for sure, and it's not a necessity, make advance reservations for a place to stay in Santiago. It's a pretty popular city for everyone it seems.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I know Sarria to Santiago might seem pathetic to those lucky souls who have heaps of time, but I absolutely loved that stretch of the route for my Camino. I went mid May, and was not concerned by the numbers of other pilgrims: there was good energy from everyone.

I didn't book accommodation in Santiago, and it was pretty full when I arrived, so I'd suggest pre-booking. The route was so pretty: farmland and hamlets and forest areas. A range of weather from really hot, to wet and chilly: not boring!

However 4 days isn't long, even for 112 km, because you are likely to be walking more slowly than you would at home (carrying a backpack, up and down inclines, rough underfoot e.g. stones and gravel, mud etc.) and you don't have the luxury of extra time for 'getting up to speed'....I walked very slowly (with time for wandering and reflecting and long café breaks) and chose to take 7 days from Sarria to Santiago.

I'd be inclined to decide according to your fitness and walking speed - and if you don't need a Compostela, you don't have to be bound by the '100 km' rule - you can start wherever you like. It's your Camino experience, after all. Thank goodness the medieval era is behind us: the Camino doesn't have to be penitential these days :)

Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back