• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just for Laughs

El Cascayal

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
23:Valença Var Espiritual Apr; Norte Cudillero Oct
This was posted on one of Portuguese FB pages. Closed for further comments, so was unable to find out who the author is. Covers all bases. Laughing out loud still.

"The new generation of Pellegrini 2.0"

How big should the backpack be? How many pounds can I carry? How many change-of-change clothes should I bring? Is there a need for a evening gown? But do I need a tent? I need a fur bag? Do I need a mattress? How many shoe shingles should I bring? Is there a need for a robe? Do I need the umbrella? Poncho or rain jacket? But how thick must it be? What kind of women shoes to buy? Can I bring different types of shoes? Do I need a stove to cook? I need dishes and cutlery? Which is better water bag or bottle? Can I carry them both Can I bring in laundry, bubble bath, bubble shower, shampoo and hand soap? What about the washer and dryer? What if there is a solar eclipse, how do I dry my clothes? Better the technical sticks or the wooden stick? Can I bring blanket and sheet? Do I need a phone to dry my hair? Can I bring him Is the electric toothbrush better or the classic toothbrush? Electric razor or razor? But is it dangerous? I heard it's full of ferocious animals, what kind of fire spitting dragons are there? Can I carry a weapon to defend myself? Rambo knife, Escalibur Sword or Bazzuca? I need a satellite radio? I need a tank ? Helicopter or Allied Aircraft? Have UFO's ever kidnapped anyone? If the backpack weighs 100kg, will someone bring it to me? Can I bring the stroller?
What do you say, did I forget something? Can I pretend to be a pilgrim and instead of walking I take taxis, buses and trains to make the stages? Have hospital workers ever noticed the fake pilgrims using their hostels to get low cost holidays? But if I stress too much to pack my backpack can I walk virtually with 3D glasses while standing still at home?
Do they give me the compost anyway or can I download it online?
😂😂😂

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This was posted on one of Portuguese FB pages. Closed for further comments, so was unable to find out who the author is. Covers all bases. Laughing out loud still.

How big should the backpack be? How many pounds can I carry? How many change-of-change clothes should I bring? Is there a need for a evening gown? But do I need a tent? I need a fur bag? Do I need a mattress? How many shoe shingles should I bring? Is there a need for a robe? Do I need the umbrella? Poncho or rain jacket? But how thick must it be? What kind of women shoes to buy? Can I bring different types of shoes? Do I need a stove to cook? I need dishes and cutlery? Which is better water bag or bottle? Can I carry them both Can I bring in laundry, bubble bath, bubble shower, shampoo and hand soap? What about the washer and dryer? What if there is a solar eclipse, how do I dry my clothes? Better the technical sticks or the wooden stick? Can I bring blanket and sheet? Do I need a phone to dry my hair? Can I bring him Is the electric toothbrush better or the classic toothbrush? Electric razor or razor? But is it dangerous? I heard it's full of ferocious animals, what kind of fire spitting dragons are there? Can I carry a weapon to defend myself? Rambo knife, Escalibur Sword or Bazzuca? I need a satellite radio? I need a tank ? Helicopter or Allied Aircraft? Have UFO's ever kidnapped anyone? If the backpack weighs 100kg, will someone bring it to me? Can I bring the stroller?
What do you say, did I forget something? Can I pretend to be a pilgrim and instead of walking I take taxis, buses and trains to make the stages? Have hospital workers ever noticed the fake pilgrims using their hostels to get low cost holidays? But if I stress too much to pack my backpack can I walk virtually with 3D glasses while standing still at home?
😂😂😂
There is some bad shit out there so beware the compost :) :)

Samarkand

What if there is a solar eclipse, how do I dry my clothes?

Easy: use the industrial airblower

... I once asked if there were any earthquakes on the Camino de Baztán in April. And I did wonder if I would need a military tank to get from Barcelona to Deltebre to walk the Ruta del Ebro (since no other transport seemed available)... all this tongue-in-cheek, I should add!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

😂😂😂
Good one!

Hi All!
As the thread title is Just for Laughs i hope El Cassayal is Ok with my post.

Although the below is not exactly in the same vain as El Cascayal's post about the absurd questions asked before walking;i have no doubt asked numb nut questions:).

This post give's some tongue in cheek advice to prospective pilgrims :)
I copied and pasted it; if i remember correctly before my Portuguese Camino!
Since then it has made me laugh more than once ; i still find it the funniest post since joining the forum!!
(i copied the text but i don't know the forum poster)
I would like to know who the original poster is?

That elusive Camino feeling
and thinking of walking again well there’s good news!
You can now achieve that same feeling from the comfort of your very own home!!!!!!
Here’s how:
Sleep in your sleeping bag`in a different room of the house
covered by a blanket the dog sleeps on`with the worst pillow you have
or better, with your fleecy stuffed with old clothes!
Wash your clothes by hand in the basin using the same sliver of soap you showered with!
Sit outside your front gate for 4 hours, waiting for somebody to unlock the house!
Ask your family to shine a torch in your eyes while you’re sleeping!
Walk to the store and buy one bun, one slice of chorizo, one slice of cheese, and one banana!
Order your food by pointing and sign language!
Strike up conversations with strangers and pretend you’ve known them your whole life
tell them the reason you’re doing it!
Ask them if they have comfortable shoes, or if they would have preferred boots!
Then follow them around for 15 minutes!
Go to a new restaurant and order you meal while holding the menu upside down and reading in the reflection of a mirror, in poor lighting!
Wear all the clothing you can, then ask the neighbour to spray you soaking wet with the garden hose Irritate your family by making loud tapping sounds with a spoon on a plate to emulate the sound of trekking poles!
Drink 3 litres of water
"Go" in the garden pick fruit from your neighbours tree!
Pop 3 painkillers with your glass of wine
Take many photos of ridiculous arrow-like objects!

Knock on the door of your neighbour 3 doors down and ask if they have baked any fresh bread
Go to the post office and post some clothing back to yourself Get dressed in the dark and put on some damp clothing!
Go to the local pub and ask the barman to stamp your passport!

Love it
Woody

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Love it! About 5 am here. LMAOOL! 🤣
Woody, you should start a new thread 😂. I would add go to a historical/interesting parish church far out. It is closed. The neighbor with the key has gone to a doctor’s appointment (dentist, pharmacy, grocer, the moon) far away. No one around knows the key’s or key keeper’s true whereabouts. Feel compelled to return to the same Camino several years in a row, trying to get in. Hear variations of the same story. 😜
Aymarah

Last edited:
My diagnosis..
1 Started carrying 8 kg stone on my walks
2 Bought 7 pair of socks just to try them
3 Weighing all my clothes
4 Bought many books about Catholic saint worship and received most in Spanish (which I understand nothing)
5 Started sewing two blankets together with a zipper (of course after weighing them)
6 Walking in my new summer hiking shoes even when there's snow in the forest just to get used to them
7 Mention the word camino so often that people get tired of me
8 Read hours on this forum
9 Read all about scary bugs and order spray to fight them
10 Tested how many days the mini size toothpaste lasts

A selection of Camino Jewellery

😂😂😂
You could also add this for those with bad bladder:
343251408_758143225864326_4395940283409950696_n.jpg

……don't know the forum poster)

You can now achieve that same feeling from the comfort of your very own home!!!!!!
Here’s how:
Wash your clothes by hand in the basin using the same sliver of soap you showered with!
Sit outside your front gate for 4 hours, waiting for somebody to unlock the house!
Walk to the store and buy one bun, one slice of chorizo, one slice of cheese, and one banana!
Strike up conversations with strangers and pretend you’ve known them your whole life
Go to a new restaurant and order you meal while holding the menu upside down and reading in the reflection of a mirror, in poor lighting!
Wear all the clothing you can, then ask the neighbour to spray you soaking wet with the garden hose Irritate your family by making loud tapping sounds with a spoon on a plate to emulate the sound of trekking poles!
Drink 3 litres of water

Knock on the door of your neighbour 3 doors down and ask if they have baked any fresh bread
Go to the post office and post some clothing back to yourself Get dressed in the dark and put on some damp clothing!
The original poster is @+@^^, on a thread titled How to feel you are on the camino without leaving home. He was last seen on the forum in 2014 and is missed.

My diagnosis..
1 Started carrying 8 kg stone on my walks
2 Bought 7 pair of socks just to try them
3 Weighing all my clothes
4 Bought many books about Catholic saint worship and received most in Spanish (which I understand nothing)
5 Started sewing two blankets together with a zipper (of course after weighing them)
6 Walking in my new summer hiking shoes even when there's snow in the forest just to get used to them
7 Mention the word camino so often that people get tired of me
8 Read hours on this forum
9 Read all about scary bugs and order spray to fight them
Wait…how many days does the toothpaste last???

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi All!
As the thread title is Just for Laughs i hope El Cassayal is Ok with my post.

Although the below is not exactly in the same vain as El Cascayal's post about the absurd questions asked before walking;i have no doubt asked numb nut questions:).

This post give's some tongue in cheek advice to prospective pilgrims :)
I copied and pasted it; if i remember correctly before my Portuguese Camino!
Since then it has made me laugh more than once ; i still find it the funniest post since joining the forum!!
(i copied the text but i don't know the forum poster)

Here’s how:
Drink 3 litres of water

Love it
Woody
This is the funniest thing I have read in ages!.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

😂😂😂
Definitely a lot of ferocious animals on the Camino
Surely someone must have asked what’s the weather going to be like on the 20th of April 2026?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Do you always get one (or more) mini-toothpast after a dentist appointment, because ÿou will use it on camino", even though you do a camino once in a blue moon and go to the dentist every year? :p

As the proud owner of a mini tooth-paste collection spanning multiple brands, from dentist, super market sample and aiplanes, I went to research how much paste should be used in each brushing. The recommended "pea-sized" amount, that we read everywhere, actually is equivalent to 0.25g. Therefore:

- The micro airplane one (5g) should last up to 10 brushings. But I think they count the tub into that weight, so I get about 5-6...
- The small one (dentist/supermarket, 20g) should last about 80 brushings!!! I realized, however, that I always lose a bit of paste at the edge of the tube, which dries out. My best was about 40-something brushings, which is enough for 15 days on camino. Coupled with the airplane one from the inbound flight, I'm set on the camino dental department. :D

So, not sure if the above is useful in anyway, but there you see the things we do because of the camino...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Do you always get one (or more) mini-toothpast after a dentist appointment, because ÿou will use it on camino", even though you do a camino once in a blue moon and go to the dentist every year? :p

As the proud owner of a mini tooth-paste collection spanning multiple brands, from dentist, super market sample and aiplanes, I went to research how much paste should be used in each brushing. The recommended "pea-sized" amount, that we read everywhere, actually is equivalent to 0.25g. Therefore:

- The micro airplane one (5g) should last up to 10 brushings. But I think they count the tub into that weight, so I get about 5-6...
- The small one (dentist/supermarket, 20g) should last about 80 brushings!!! I realized, however, that I always lose a bit of paste at the edge of the tube, which dries out. My best was about 40-something brushings, which is enough for 15 days on camino. Coupled with the airplane one from the inbound flight, I'm set on the camino dental department. :D

So, not sure if the above is useful in anyway, but there you see the things we do because of the camino...
Invaluable information! Many thanks for the exhaustive scientific research. 👏😂

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
One to add to the list: do I choose my own Camino family or will it be assigned to me on the first day? 😂

I recall reading that anecdote recently but don't recall who posted.
There was a similar post from someone nearly two years ago on the Book Club thread, asking where it met. It was a very innocent question, but humorous at the same time.

I am actually loving all of these posts and they make me laugh!
Some of them also make me think I am not a Camino addict after all; I don't test my toothpaste ahead of time.😂

The US state of Hawai'i became the 50th state of the US on 21 August 1959. You would think AMERICANS would understand it is a state.
However, one of the often-asked questions of travel agents and/or elected officials by AMERICANS is:
"Do I need a passport to enter Hawai'i"?
This is even more true for Puerto Rico. I have a friend who traveled there from the US, and was asked at the airport if she had her passport with her.

The US state of Hawai'i became the 50th state of the US on 21 August 1959. You would think AMERICANS would understand it is a state.
However, one of the often-asked questions of travel agents and/or elected officials by AMERICANS is:
"Do I need a passport to enter Hawai'i"?
This is even more true for Puerto Rico. I have a friend who traveled there from the US, and was asked at the airport if she had her passport with her.
My favorite was a photo captioned "Goodbye USA, Hello New York!"

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As for the ball gown question . . . . In 2018 we walked from Le Puy to St. Jean. Immediately after our walk we attended our son's wedding in Italy. I decided to carry my wedding clothes in my pack (so they wouldn't get lost). I carried TWO dresses with the hopes I would shed a few pounds on the way. Little did I know how much cheese would be on the Le Puy route. My husband sent his clothes with our daughter, so he was in charge of carrying the toothpaste. :)
IMG_9843.PNG

I decided to carry my wedding clothes in my pack (so they wouldn't get lost).
I think every once in awhile every Peregrino would have to empty their packs in front of others. We individually carry such crazy things! 🤣 After every Camino, I pare it down. Blessed are those who carry it right after the first one or two. Still figuring it out and learning.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.