• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I met someone on the camino, never got their contact details and would like to find them somehow.

Evin

Time of past OR future Camino
I made a friend on the camino, and would love to get in contact with them! I know what albergue we stayed in, would they be able to give me contact details if they booked it via email/phone? Or would they not be allowed disclose that information?
I didn't even get a second name, but I know where they're from and their first name (although not the spelling :/).

Any advice?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Post it here - perhaps someone befriended that pilgrim enough to have their email (or they may be on here themselves!)

Post the meeting date, location and what you know about the pilgrim. Someone else further along the Camino trail may have befriended them as well and might have a contact.

How about other people that you met whose contact info you do have - might they have met the same person? Maybe they know how to contact them. I know that I got several Facebook friend requests after I got back home. Presumably, we had made a mutual Facebook friend on the Camino, and that's how they found me.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
But please, in this public forum do not post your or anyone else's email address, phone number or street address - by all means use the PM system (hover over the person's avatar and "Start a conversation") to exchange details. Bots regularly trawl the public forum and will harvest email addresses and other personal details.

I made a friend on the camino, and would love to get in contact with them! I know what albergue we stayed in, would they be able to give me contact details if they booked it via email/phone? Or would they not be allowed disclose that information?
I didn't even get a second name, but I know where they're from and their first name (although not the spelling :/).

Any advice?
I would love to contact people I walked with. I wonder if anyone here walked the same period as me? I left At. Jean on May 7th and arrived in Santiago on June 8th. I'm Rick from Texas and seemed to be noticeable by the tie-dyed cloth I wore on my head.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hey it's a long shot this far out, but since I'm thinking about it, there are two people I would dearly love to reconnect with: Nikki and Peter. They were from Florida/New Orleans. Peter worked for some oil company and Nikki was a retired dancer. Nikki had tendonitis and was struggling, but getting through the days. They were planning on going to A Coruna after reaching Santiago.

May 26, 2016 Foncebadon to Ponferrada; we met in El Acebo in the late morning
May 27, 2016 Villafranca we had (a few too many) drinks/dinner on the plaza. They gave me an email address; but in the deluge the next day climbing up to O Cebriero, the ink ran and it was illegible.

I was good about immediately recording my other contacts, and I am still in touch with several, but these guys were my favorites. I regret losing the contact.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, she was a feisty older
I found her! I knew that she was catholic and so I emailed the 4 churches from the town i knew she lived in. What a wonderful camino gift
I’m friends with her on Facebook! Glad you were able to re-connect! She’s such a nice person! I was going to pass your info to her if she was the same Bette we were talking about!

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back