• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Iceland's Laugavegur Trail

Phillypilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
C F Sept.(2013) Camino de Madrid & Finisterre/Muxia Sept. (2014)
Finisterre/Muia June (2017).
Does anyone have any experience with this trail? Difficulty? Thanks.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, thank you. I am looking into group guided walks. It is only a 5 day walk, but looks challenging. Thanks!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, thank you. I am looking into group guided walks. It is only a 5 day walk, but looks challenging. Thanks!
Hi. I am an Icelandic woman and you can contact two hiking company´s in Iceland that have trips on Laugavegurinn in the summer time.
Just write them an email and ask all the questions you have. The company have these email addresses
Utivist.is utivist@utivist.is
fi.is fi@fi.is

Hope this will help you a little bit.
I did this trip many years ago, had a wonderful weather the whole trip and that is very unusual over here.
The weather can be all kinds on the same day.
Best regards from the snow in Iceland
Runa

Haven’t done the trail but have travelled around Iceland in four different trips. Sounds strange but don’t forget the sunblock. I got a severe sunburn nose and cheeks below my sun glasses. You’ll love Iceland one of the most beautiful places on earth ...and the people are so friendly. Buen camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
my sis and her bf walked this trail last year and came back totally bewitched. they went in self organization, with a tent, a cooker and with a whole set of pre-prepared meals. initially they wanted to walk south-north but because of the prevalent northern wind decided to walk north-south - which proved to be a very good idea. they did no hard training beforehand, as far as I know. the walking was mostly ok underfoot (sometimes a bit stony, sometimes muddy, even an odd patch of snow or two), the landscape amazing, but the distances often seemed longer then on the map - probably because of the landscape changing so little. photos they brought back were magical. they stayed an extra day at the start in landmannalaugar to explore its surroundings.
hope this helps you a bit!

Last edited:
North-South is the way to go, and the closer to mid Summer the better. It will be crowded but you'll be too busy marveling at your surroundings. And echoing Runa above (sæl Runa), the fi.is website is the best resource.

If you don't go on an organized tour you will need to organize transportation to and from the trail. These guys have a good idea of what that is all about: http://icelandbybus.is/

bless bless

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you don't go on an organized tour you will need to organize transportation to and from the trail. These guys have a good idea of what that is all about: http://icelandbybus.is/

that's how my sis and her bf went to and from the trail. I don't remember if they reserved in advance, probably at least the journey to landmannalaugar.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.